Q. What do chills, reddish bumps on the throat, and ear pain indicate?

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

I have thrist reddishness with small bumps in the throat (at the back of throat) small sort of ear pain feel of something caught in throat sometimes bot everytime food caught on chest feel. I had consulted a gastro doctor he examined it using endoscopy everything was fine. The throat reddishness and small bumps didnt go yet. Now i feel ear pain from 3 days and chills if i go to bathroom and after motion chills are gone . Then i consulted a ent he gave me some medicines may be for infections and acid reflux it has been since a month now (a course not finished 4 days to go ENT consultation) i feel some pain in palatoglossal arch on both side ear pain inly left side. No other pains no difficulties Chills Reddish throat with bumps Throat block feel No other symptoms

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Welcome to icliniq,

As per your history, it seems you are suffering from chronic granular pharyngitis. Chronic granular pharyngitis have an alteration in the mucous membrane of the pharynx. They are aggravated by acid reflux, allergens, viral and bacterial infection. For now as you are having pain over palatoglossal arch and pain over left ear you can take following medication

1)Tab Levocetrizine 5 mg po od at night for 7 days

2)Tab Rabeprazole 20 mg po Od for 7 days in an empty stomach

3)Tab paracetamol 500 mg + ibuprofen 400mg 1 tab po sos(when ever you feel severe pain)

3)Gargle with 1% betadine 10ml mixed with warm water 10ml 3-4 times a day for 5 days

• Take steam inhalation
  • Avoid spicy and oily foods
  • Avoid smoking and alcohol

Hope this will help you Thank you

|