Q. What do chills, reddish bumps on the throat, and ear pain indicate?

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

I have thirst and reddishness with small bumps in the throat (at the back of the throat) and a small sort of ear pain. I feel like something is caught in throat. I had consulted a gastro doctor, and he examined it using endoscopy everything was fine. The throat reddishness and small bumps did not go yet. Now I feel ear pain for three days and chills if I go to the bathroom and after motion chills are gone. Then I consulted an ENT. He gave me some medicines that may be for infections and acid reflux. It has been for a month now (a course not finished, four days to go). I feel some pain in the palatoglossal arch on both sides and ear pain only on the left side. No other pain or difficulties. There is a throat block. I do not feel any other symptoms.

#

As per your history, it seems you are suffering from chronic granular pharyngitis. Chronic granular pharyngitis alters the mucous membrane of the pharynx. They are aggravated by acid reflux, allergens, a viral and bacterial infection. For now, as you are having pain over the palatoglossal arch and pain over the left ear, you can take the following medication

1) Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg one time a day at night for seven days.

2) Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg one time a day for seven days on an empty stomach.

3) Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg and Ibuprofen 400 mg one tablet (when ever you feel severe pain).

3) Gargle with 1% Betadine 10 ml mixed with warm water 3 to 4 times a day for five days.

• Take steam inhalation.
  • Avoid spicy and oily foods.
  • Avoid smoking and alcohol.

I hope this will help you.

|