Granular Pharyngitis

Kindly suggest granular pharyngitis treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with granular pharyngitis and tonsillitis, but I do not have any post-nasal drip or cold. I have pain while swallowing certain oily and spicy food. What should be the treatment? In the last three months, I have got tonsil infection a couple of times.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Granular pharyngitis occurs because of chronic irritation to the pharynx. It is commonly seen in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis, smokers, and nowadays, one of the most common cause for granular pharyngitis is laryngopharyngeal reflux disorder. The usual symptoms ...  Read Full »

Why do I have flesh-colored bumps in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor,I have these painless slightly raised pinkish flesh colored bumps in my throat. I do not know if it is normal or something. Is there any need to worry? Currently, I am taking Minocycline, Levothyroxine, and Sprintec 28.   Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are likely to have granular pharyngitis. It may be secondary to sinusitis or chronic tonsillitis. You should consult your ENT doctor for a thorough examination and necessary investigations to finalize the diagnosis and accordingly, treatme...  Read Full »

I have throat pain even while swallowing saliva. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have throat pain. The pain aggravates during eating or drinking. I also feel the pain while even swallowing saliva. I have the pain for the past three days. I am currently taking lozenges (Strepsils).  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting the query. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) thoroughly, and I believe that you are suffering from acute granular pharyngitis. You need to start with home remedies such as, 1. Drinking frequent sips of w...  Read Full »

I have white scaly patches in the back of my throat. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a weird lesion that I just noticed in the back of my throat a few days ago. For the last couple of months, my throat has felt slightly strained after the normal conversation. I currently take Lisinopril, HCTZ, and Amlodipine for hypertension. My PCP prescribed a Z-pack and refe...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal pharyngeal mucosa at times has a granular appearance. In addition, it may be present in acute granular pharyngitis. This is nothing sinister. Z-pack with adequate analgesia if you have pain, plenty of fluids and warm saline gargles or Chlorhexidine should ...  Read Full »

Will Silver nitrate cure granulation with pharyngitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you specified might be granular pharyngitis. If it is a recurrent condition you can be treated with Silver Nitrate to remove those granulations. There is no problem in the above-mentioned treatment. Apart from antacids, I suggest you take antibiotics and mou...  Read Full »

I used cocaine and now I have cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I used cocaine for six months but for four months, I have coughs and phlegm especially in the morning. I never had throat pain. It just feels itchy. I saw a doctor who gave me allergy spray with Cortizon but I took it for just one month. I keep drinking alcohol and cold drinks which makes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached shows slightly enlarged tonsils with granular pharyngitis. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms are due to chronic irritation of your throat which could be due to rhinosinusitis o...  Read Full »

I have sore throat, nasal congestion and ear pain. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms: Highly sore throat (six plus days). White marks lining. Swollen on the left side mostly. Red dots on the back of the throat. Left ear pain, plugged. Left nostril congested. Not much of any fever.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having granular pharyngitis like pharynx infection. For that, I suggest taking a decongestant like Phenylephrine or Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days. Consult a specialist doctor, disc...  Read Full »

I am having sore throat. How can I cure it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having a sore throat for past one week. The pain is mild but constant, it feels as if there is something is stuck in the back of my throat or on my tongue, but nothing is there. There is redness around the area. I went to the doctor five days back and was prescribed a 10 day...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have granular pharyngitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your throat looks chronically infected. Do you have post nasal drip as well that means does phlegm drains down from your nose to throat? It is suggestive of sinusitis which can recur...  Read Full »

I am facing problem on back wall of throat. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing some problem in my throat for about two months now. It is something that always present in the back wall of the throat. But there is no pain but sometimes it feels in the upper esophagus, other time it feels on the back wall of the throat. My ENT doctor examined my throat and...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and all the blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are all normal. Your CT (computed tomography) scan basically rules out any mass lesion in your neck or throat. The problem you are suffering from is know...  Read Full »