Q. I am having sore throat. How can I cure it?

Answered by Dr. Mehak Agarwal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sore Throat or Sinusitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been having a sore throat for past one week. The pain is mild but constant, it feels as if there is something is stuck in the back of my throat or on my tongue, but nothing is there. There is redness around the area. I went to the doctor five days back and was prescribed a 10 days course of antibiotics (Amoxicillin). It did not make much of a difference. Is there anything else you would recommend me to do to clear this up. Those are the only symptoms. I am a 23-year-old male.