Granuloma

What does lower lobe granuloma and elevated AEC in asthma patients indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cough with mild expectoration for the past six months, for which I had consulted a pulmonologist before the COVID-19 lockdown. Subsequently, I got an x-ray and PFT done, and I was told that I have mild early bronchial asthma. I took Formoterol, and symptoms subsided. But my main ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Jauhari

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your AEC (absolute eosinophil count) is on the higher side, which means allergic levels are high. Your need to cough is due to the fibrosis seen in the left lung lower lobe - a sign of change in normal lung tissue. There is a small granuloma issue. Also, this can be du...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my condition based on the scan report taken for sarcoidosis.

Query: Hello doctor,I am in an awful condition and have been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. I have a range of neurological pain and inflammatory symptoms. I need someone to assess a couple of scans that I have. I have nasal congestion for five years, with lots of mucus in the chest and throat. Last two years,...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the clinical images you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can understand the degree of the inflammatory response in your body tissues and concerns associated with it. I am unable to access your radiology images and would request y...  Read Full »

Is it safe to apply salt for umbilical granuloma in a newborn baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 53 days old. He has developed umbilical granuloma. I have applied Mupirocin and Neosporin dusting powder, but no change is noticed. Is application of salt will be useful? If so how should I apply that? Someone told me that sometimes granuloma bleeds after application of salt...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are right about the diagnosis being umbilical granuloma. The treatment for it is the application of copper sulfate crystals over the umbilicus for a couple of minutes and then it has to b...  Read Full »

What causes fleshy growth over the appendicectomy stitches?

Query: Hi doctor, Four years ago, I had an appendicitis surgery. There is a flesh like growth where the stitches are placed. What should I do now? How to get it removed?  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fleshy lumps you are feeling in the incision area are granulomas due to the body reaction against the material of the stitches. Sometimes, they go away using anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics. So, I would suggest Clarithromycin and Ibuprofen twice daily for 10 d...  Read Full »

What are some of my yellow and green tattoos itchy, hard, and bumpy?

Query: Good day doctors. I have a concern with my tattoo that I got 2 months back. I have five tattoos with different colors (blue, yellow, red, green and purple). I've been experiencing itching on my yellow and green tattoos from time to time, that lasts for about 2 weeks. It subsides eventually for 5 -8...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: hi, welcome to icliniq Itchiness and thickening over the tattoos could indicate a couple of things. Firstly since these are occurring over the coloured pigments there is a high chance that you have developed a tattoo granuloma , which means the coloured pigments have caused a foreign body reaction ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pressure and discomfort in neck after accidental strangulation?

Query: Hello doctor, Five weeks ago, I fell down while mountain-biking. I went over the handlebars and hit my head and chest. I was wearing a helmet and a chest protector and both of them had cracked as a result of the impact. The helmet strap had strangulated my neck pretty hard. Ever since I have been c...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your injury. Since your CT (computed tomography) scan is normal, it is very unlikely that there is any bony or skeletal injury hence reducing the possibility of something permanent. It appears that there is some soft tissue injury in the laryngophar...  Read Full »

Why do I testicular pain if I do not masturbate or have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 95 kg and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past 6 to 7 years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily or has se...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. He has persistent testicular pain which develops usually when he does not masturbate or have sex. If the pain is persistent and is severe then that should be evaluated. The causes should be ruled out in order to make the diagnosis. Infe...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with calcified granuloma and under allopathy medicine. Is there any treatment in Ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 64 years aged female. Diagnosed with calcified granuloma 1 size 3 mm in the brain (frontal epilepsy 2 to NCC) causing one episode of seizure every two months. Life long daily dose of Lacosamide medicine is prescribed in Allopathy. Is there any cure or treatment in Ayurveda?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and saw the attached files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcified granuloma is challenging to treat when any symptoms accompany it.As convulsions accompany the condition, then you need to take Allopathic management as advised to...  Read Full »

Does the CT scan of my brain show a meningioma?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like your opinion regarding the attached CT scan of my head. I specifically want to know if you see any indication of a meningioma in the left posterior parietal lobe. I would also like your opinion regarding whether or not a CT without contrast would show this particular anoma...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a spot of hyperdensity in the left posterior parietal lobe. However, the findings are not suggestive of a meningioma. The hyperdensity may represent calcification due to a granuloma. I suggest...  Read Full »

What can be the diagnosis if granulomas are found on pancreas and lungs?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 31 years old and has severe anxiety. He was told that granulomas were found on his pancreas and possibly his lungs. They believe it is due to some sort of an autoimmune disorder. Is there anything that can be done to prolong his life? Should we be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An autoimmune disorder does not necessarily mean his life will be shortened. There are numerous types of autoimmune diseases which are pathologically neutral and do not endanger life. So, please see a rheumatologist and get him investigated. Regards. For more inform...  Read Full »