Q. I have a fleshy growth over the stitches of appendicectomy. What is it?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

Four years ago, I had an appendicitis surgery. There is a flesh like growth where the stitches are placed. What should I do now? How to get it removed?

#

• The fleshy lumps you are feeling in the incision area are granulomas due to the body reaction against the material of the stitches.
  • Sometimes, they go away using anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics. So, I would suggest Clarithromycin and Ibuprofen twice daily for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • If this therapy fails, then surgery is the only solution. The granuloma can be removed under local anesthesia. Also, you can go home the same day.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|