Q. Is it fine to eat carbohydrates within 40 minutes after taking a GH shot?

Published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2019

Is it fine to eat carbohydrate and sugar within 40 minutes of growth hormone injection? Because, it is believed that after injecting growth hormone, a person should wait for at least 40 minutes to eat carbohydrate or sugar. Please explain.

#

I can understand your concern.

• No, it is not advisable to eat carbohydrate and sugar for at least 60 minutes after taking a growth hormone shot.
  • The more carbohydrate you consume, the higher your blood sugar will raise, which then set off insulin production.
  • Insulin and growth hormone (GH) are antagonist and reduce each other secretion as well as positive effects.
  • The insulin levels rapidly climb and reach the peak in about 45 minutes to 1 hour after a sugar or carbohydrate meal. Therefore, it is advised to avoid sugar and carbohydrate for up to 60 minutes at least for proper release and action of insulin as well as for proper action of growth hormone.
  • GH has an anti-insulin effect; with years of exposure of growth hormone it may cause earlier expression of type 2 diabetes mellitus condition.

For further clarifications consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can low dose of human growth hormone lead to type 2 diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have prediabetes (5.8 fasting blood glucose). Can low doses of human growth hormone used for bodybuilding lead to type 2 diabetes? My mother has type 2 diabetes mellitus.  Read Full »

How to handle premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I ejaculate within 20 seconds of penetration. Is it curable? Suggest me some medicines for the same.  Read Full »