Growth Hormone

Please suggest a medicine to correct height problem.

Query: Hi doctor, My cousin is 10 years old, but he is short for his age. His grandfather, father and sister are also short. Is there any medicine for growth or height problem that occurs due to hereditary?  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Your cousin of 10 years old is quite normal to have this much height. I have gone through the picture what you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, low height will be genetic in nature. In 70 percentage ...  Read Full »

Why does my 15 months old baby weigh only 5.5 kg?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to discuss regarding the medical issue of daughter with you. She is now 15 months old, but her weight is only 5.5 kg. According to doctors, all reports are clear except her growth hormone. She is not taking any medicine. I have attached her laboratory reports for your referen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Rama Thute

Child Health Specialist, Lactation Counselor, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the medical records of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She looks to be a case of short stature and the reports are suggestive of growth hormone deficiency. I would like to know whether there is any family hist...  Read Full »

Can we use this Norditropin Nordilet in a 10-year-old boy with delayed physical growth?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about my son's health. He is a little over 10 years. At the birth, he had difficulty in receiving oxygen, and ever since he has had occasional seizures and developmental delay in learning. He can walk, talk, and eat like any other normal kid. The problems he has currently are de...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The issue is straight forward, and we need to rule out common causes of short height in the first instance. These include nutritional, familial (may be constitutional) or due to anemia or celiac disease. These kinds of medicines to be used very cautiously, these may ...  Read Full »

Can the mass around pituitary in a pregnant woman be cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 36 years old and pregnant. I have been experiencing more headaches in the last several weeks. I had an MRI (non-contrast) yesterday and it stated that I have a mass around the pituitary. I am very scared. The doctor today said I can have no further tests until after I deliver the chil...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is pituitary mass known as a pituitary adenoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are hormonal studies you can go for: S. growth hormone level, S. IGF, S. prolactin, S.TSH, FT3, FT4, S. ACTH, S. cortisol. But the values of these horm...  Read Full »

I had rapid heartbeat after using homeopathic HGH. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old and have taken armor thyroid for years with great results. I had been taking 90 mg daily. Last year I started using a homeopathic HGH but did not notice that it had homeopathic thyroid in it too (Somaderm). After a few months, I saw a rapid heartbeat. I went to the do...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Abdul Kader

Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem with natural medical products is that even when they are useful, they are not in an exact dose which could be provided in the newly manufactured products. For instance, armor thyroid is extracted from porcine thyroid gland which contains both T4 and T3 us...  Read Full »

My sister is 18 years old and she is too short. Will GHRP work?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is 18 years old, and her height is too short (4.5"), and my father is 6'3", and mother is 5'7". But still she is 4'5", and her height is not increasing, and as a girl, she faces too many problems because of her height. Will GHRP (HGH) work?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Abdul Kader

Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Expected height of your sister should be, 2.54x (75+67) /2)-6.5(+/-)10 cm = 173.84 (+/-) 10 cm = 5'8.44"(+/-) 3.9 inch. Girls usually acquire their final height by the age of 16 years. So your sister has a short-stature. The commonest cause of short stature in growin...  Read Full »

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

My son is 5'6" in height and wants to be taller. Is this possible with growth hormone?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5'6 in height. He is 17 years old and wants to be taller. We want to try growth hormone. Is this possible? Kindly suggest the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what information you have given me, it appears that your son has short constitutional stature and not growth hormone deficiency. Well, but it depends on many factors such as the mid-parental height, ethnicity, nutritional status, etc. Sinc...  Read Full »

How to get 6 feet tall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old guy. I am just 5'5" tall. I want to be at least 6 feet tall. Is there any way to stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth depends on many factors: Hereditary influence of growth. Nutrition during childhood (at the growing ages). Any illness during the growing age that results in stunted growth. Growth after 21 years is not possible since the growing ends of the bone would ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic medicines to increase height.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old girl. I want to increase my height. My height is now 5.1 inches but I want to increase it to 5.5 inches. I tried ashwagandha with cow's milk but my BP has been low because of taking it. So please suggest a medication that will increase my height. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth and development of the body mostly depend on the growth hormone, which is secreted by the pituitary gland. The secretion is managed through some genetic code present in your chromosomes. Up to the age of 18, almost all development process is comple...  Read Full »