Growth Hormone

Can we use this Norditropin Nordilet in a 10-year-old boy with delayed physical growth?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about my son's health. He is a little over 10 years. At the birth, he had difficulty in receiving oxygen, and ever since he has had occasional seizures and developmental delay in learning. He can walk, talk, and eat like any other normal kid. The problems he has currently are de...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The issue is straight forward, and we need to rule out common causes of short height in the first instance. These include nutritional, familial (may be constitutional) or due to anemia or celiac disease. These kinds of medicines to be used very cautiously, these may ...  Read Full »

Can the mass around pituitary in a pregnant woman be cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 36 years old and pregnant. I have been experiencing more headaches in the last several weeks. I had an MRI (non-contrast) yesterday and it stated that I have a mass around the pituitary. I am very scared. The doctor today said I can have no further tests until after I deliver the chil...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is pituitary mass known as a pituitary adenoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are hormonal studies you can go for: S. growth hormone level, S. IGF, S. prolactin, S.TSH, FT3, FT4, S. ACTH, S. cortisol. But the values of these horm...  Read Full »

I had rapid heartbeat after using homeopathic HGH. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old and have taken armor thyroid for years with great results. I had been taking 90 mg daily. Last year I started using a homeopathic HGH but did not notice that it had homeopathic thyroid in it too (Somaderm). After a few months, I saw a rapid heartbeat. I went to the do...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Abdul Kader

Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem with natural medical products is that even when they are useful, they are not in an exact dose which could be provided in the newly manufactured products. For instance, armor thyroid is extracted from porcine thyroid gland which contains both T4 and T3 us...  Read Full »

My sister is 18 years old and she is too short. Will GHRP work?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is 18 years old, and her height is too short (4.5"), and my father is 6'3", and mother is 5'7". But still she is 4'5", and her height is not increasing, and as a girl, she faces too many problems because of her height. Will GHRP (HGH) work?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Abdul Kader

Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Expected height of your sister should be, 2.54x (75+67) /2)-6.5(+/-)10 cm = 173.84 (+/-) 10 cm = 5'8.44"(+/-) 3.9 inch. Girls usually acquire their final height by the age of 16 years. So your sister has a short-stature. The commonest cause of short stature in growin...  Read Full »

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

My son is 5'6" in height and wants to be taller. Is this possible with growth hormone?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5'6 in height. He is 17 years old and wants to be taller. We want to try growth hormone. Is this possible? Kindly suggest the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what information you have given me, it appears that your son has short constitutional stature and not growth hormone deficiency. Well, but it depends on many factors such as the mid-parental height, ethnicity, nutritional status, etc. Sinc...  Read Full »

How to get 6 feet tall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old guy. I am just 5'5" tall. I want to be at least 6 feet tall. Is there any way to stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth depends on many factors: Hereditary influence of growth. Nutrition during childhood (at the growing ages). Any illness during the growing age that results in stunted growth. Growth after 21 years is not possible since the growing ends of the bone would ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic medicines to increase height.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old girl. I want to increase my height. My height is now 5.1 inches but I want to increase it to 5.5 inches. I tried ashwagandha with cow's milk but my BP has been low because of taking it. So please suggest a medication that will increase my height. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth and development of the body mostly depend on the growth hormone, which is secreted by the pituitary gland. The secretion is managed through some genetic code present in your chromosomes. Up to the age of 18, almost all development process is comple...  Read Full »

Is it fine to eat carbohydrates within 40 minutes after taking a GH shot?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it fine to eat carbohydrate and sugar within 40 minutes of growth hormone injection? Because, it is believed that after injecting growth hormone, a person should wait for at least 40 minutes to eat carbohydrate or sugar. Please explain.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. No, it is not advisable to eat carbohydrate and sugar for at least 60 minutes after taking a growth hormone shot. The more carbohydrate you consume, the higher your blood sugar will raise, which then set off insulin production. Insulin and ...  Read Full »

What test should I do to know if I am HGH deficient?

Query: Dear doctor, I want to test myself for HGH deficiency. Can you tell me a complete guide on how should I proceed? What tests should I do? After I have done them, can I post it here for a thorough examination from your doctors, so that they can tell me whether I am HGH deficient? I want to test that...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravikiran M

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to check IGF1 level (insulin-like growth factor 1), liver function and kidney function tests and hemoglobin level. Also please take an x-ray of your left elbow and left knee joint AP view (anteroposterior view) to assess the bone age, and to check whether ends ...  Read Full »