Gut Bacteria Imbalance

How to help a child suffering from gas problems?

Query: My son is suffering from gas problem. We got an x-ray and I am sending it to you.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Thank you for getting in touch with us. I can very well understand that you are worried about the health of your son. However, I am a bit surprised that an x-ray was made just because he has a gas problem. Of course I had a look at the x-ray and could not find any anomaly. Most likely you already he...  Read Full »

Is fecal transplant a treatment option for dysbiosis?

Query: I have a Microbiome unbalance like Dysbiosis leaky gut overgrowth of pathogens that make me feel sick. I need to be on probiotics and good diet to manage those symptoms. But when I’m off from them all my symptoms flares up. I hear about fecal transplant is this something cure can fecal transplant ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I can imagine you must be tired doing all this. Well dysbiosis or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth SIBO, they may present with excessive gas, abdominal fullness, pain, diarrhea or altered bowel habits. You did not mention which symptoms predominate in your case...  Read Full »

Which probiotic is good?

Query: I am looking for a good probiotic. I have read conflicting results online and don’t know which ones are a rip off or legitimate. It seems for one to be affective it needs to survive the trip to your intestines and too many make that claim without knowing if it’s true. Can you recommend one that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well It is very hard to define which probiotic is the best to one. Since Microbiota (pooled microorganisms in your gut) is completely different from the other person and For one to know what range of microbiota is present in your gut; you have to get it tested by gi...  Read Full »

What should I do to get relief from gas problems and blood in stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 yrs old female...my height is 156cm and I weigh 91kg... I had two abortions...and still no baby...yesterday night I had some blood on my stool...and earlier for few months I had gas problems... usually, gas comes for many times in a day...also, I feel like gas is stored in my a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Actually the chronic problem of gas you mention is common in some one with overweight to obese-as in your case may be. Since your weight appears to be way beyond normal and this has definitely health consequences if not controlled. The blood in stool you mention, i...  Read Full »

Can antibiotics cause stomach issues?

Query: I've been having stomach issues for almost 4 years now, when I was put on two rounds of back-to-back antibiotics for a bad tooth abscess. I was put on Augmentin and then Clindamycin, along with the use of Motrin and Tylenol as directed by my dentist. Since then, I have had stomach issues including: ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq I have reviewed your concern. After taking antibiotics your gut bacterial composition has been changed and it has started to cause troubles for you. Weight gain is also seen in such cases. Since you have tried a lot of things and finally viberzi showing some results for y...  Read Full »

What causes bowel movement immediately after drinking whiskey?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get bowl movements in the evening immediately after I drink one or two pegs of whiskey. It has been happening daily for the past 2 or 3 years. The stool floats and dark brown in color. Last night, I got stomach pain and stools are very loose. I have mild fever too and I am now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. As you already said about popliteal artery thrombosis, these people should not drink alcohol and stop smoking immediately. These loose stools are probably due to imbalance in gut bacteria and these things happen with pancreas ...  Read Full »

Am I having gut flora imbalance or IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with IBS-D by a gastroenterologist. My CBC, abdominal ultrasound and FOBT were all normal. I was put on one-month medication consisting of Rifagut 550 (twice per day), Colospa Retard (twice per day) and Librax. My only problem was aggressive BM, not diarrhea but a lot of...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going through your history and reports, I do not feel anything so scary with you. Your reports are absolutely fine. It is very difficult to say whether you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or gut flora imbalance. The diagnosis of IBS is reached when we exclude all ot...  Read Full »

I have too much gas in the stomach and fart uncontrollably. Please suggest a cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 31 year old male. I have too much gas in the stomach despite drinking plenty of water, nearly four to five liters a day. I fart too much. I feel embarrassed and cannot control it. I am not taking any medications currently.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. The excess gas formation is generally because of problems with the gut bacteria and the consumption of spicy food can aggravate it. I would suggest you avoid spicy food. Start Rifaximin 200 mg twice daily which is a nonabsorbable antibiotic a...  Read Full »

I feel gas in my stomach and pass too much gas. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I experience gas in my stomach quite often. I then pass gas throughout the day. If I take antibiotics, it stops completely until the duration of the course. I wish to get cured completely. I was diagnosed with inactive gastritis and have been given PPI for two months but I still exper...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple reasons for gas in the abdomen. In your case, it is likely to be due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora of the gut bacteria. You should take probiotic tablets for at least a month. Initially, start with an antibiotic such as tablet Rifaximin 450 ...  Read Full »