Q. I am a male with thick, wavy, and frizzy hair. How to make it smooth and frizz-free?

Dr. John H. Bocachica

I am a male with wavy, thick coarse Asian hair that frizzes, and I wanted to ask you how I could get my hair thick, long, silky, smooth, and frizz-free. I could send pictures of what hair I want. Please help.

#

Given your natural type of hair described and what you would like it to look, there are some things you can consider.

Wash your hair with shampoos that are intended to reduce frizz and will say so on the bottle. Also, use a conditioner that is intended to reduce frizz. There are hair styling products for thick wavy hair that also reduce frizz and will say so on the product description. A more permanent solution would involve using either a blow dryer with a stunning attachment that will temporarily straighten your hair and give it a silkier appearance. Be sure you use a product intended to minimize heat damage to the hair that you apply to the hair before you blow-dry.

If these measures are not satisfactory to you then you may wish to consider applying a chemical relaxer to your hair that will make it straighter and smoother but you will have to redo the roots about every two to three months to maintain the look. If you decide to chemically straighten your hair, you should only wash it once a week to maintain a smooth frizz-free appearance. Chemically straightened hair requires a little more care and a little more attention to keeping it well-conditioned for maximum results.

|