Q. What are the benefits of ginger for hair growth?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

I have a few doubts regarding the herbal remedies of hair. What are the benefits of ginger for hair that has gotten thinner? What exactly in ginger can help boost hair growth and how does it work? What are the advantages of mixing olive oil with ginger for thinning hair? Is there anything you can add to a scalp massage helping to stimulate follicles and encourage hair growth?

For an itchy scalp, how aloe vera and fenugreek soothe an itchy scalp? Is there anything in them precisely that help? Lastly, for dull, lifeless looks we are talking about honey and coconut oil. How do these ingredients boost shine and condition strands? Do they seal the cuticle?

#

• Ginger is known to contain a few circulatory agents, which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp lead to hair growth and improve the thickness of hair.
  • Fresh ginger roots are rich sources of certain minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins and potassium. These help in making our hair grow well. These elements give a healthy and strong hair with a natural shine.
  • Ginger root is an excellent remedy for treating hair loss because it provides more circulation to hair follicles and making this strong. This, in turn, prevents hair fall and allows hair to grow long and thick.
  • One of the most common hair problem faced by us is dandruff. It affects the scalp and leads to hair fall. Ginger can help you get rid of dandruff. Mix ginger oil and olive oil and apply this mixture on scalp and hair. Leave it overnight and wash off the next morning with a mild shampoo. With regular use, we can get rid of dandruff and have a healthy hair.
  • Fenugreek seeds replenish hair growth and are a good source of nicotinic acid, protein, niacin, potassium, vitamin C, amino acids as well as diosgenin. Fenugreek also contains a significant amount of lecithin, which is a natural emollient and makes hair healthy and strong.
  • Honey and coconut oil have moisturizing property and because of this, honey and coconut oil help in making hair shiny.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|