Q. I have dark pigmentation in my forehead. Is it due to hair dye allergy?

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan

I am a 20-year-old male. I have dark color in my forehead. I do not know why this happens to me? I use dye for my white hair, on behalf of this do my forehead look like this? Please suggest.

#

As you said, you have your face dark colored, it can be natural. But as you said you are in habit of coloring your hair, it can be possibly an allergic reaction to the color ingredients or the soap you are using. It can be an allergy to any cosmetic creams or powders if you are using any. You have not specified any other allergic symptoms like itching after color, or any dark colored patches anywhere over the body. Because itching anywhere on body is a sign of an allergy. So I advise you, next time when you use any colorant, always do a skin allergy test before use.

Also, do an allergy test to rule out any other allergies. Avoidance of the allergen is the best treatment of allergy. So, avoid using any creams or powders as cosmetics. Even after avoiding the allergen, you still have symptoms then you should consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Any allergen.

Skin allergy test.

Antihistamines and steroids cream.

Avoid cosmetic creams, powders and soaps.

|