Skin Discoloration

Will hair dye allergy cause pigmentation in forehead?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old male. I have dark color in my forehead. I do not know why this happens to me? I use dye for my white hair, on behalf of this do my forehead look like this? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you have your face dark colored, it can be natural. But as you said you are in habit of coloring your hair, it can be possibly an allergic reaction to the color ingredients or the soap you are using. It can be an allergy to any cosmetic creams or powders...  Read Full »

Why penis and scrotum have turned black?

Query: Hello doctor, What is this black mark and white spot? I am 22 years old, virgin and really worried about this. It is not itchy or painful but whatever it takes I want to get rid of it. Also, my penis and scrotum have turned very dark, therefore, I want to get back my original color. Also, I see som...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any history of injury over the white area? Since how long have you noticed it? Any itching or other symptoms? Secondly, The dark color is normal. It gets darker in teenage with hormonal changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest not to ...  Read Full »

Is discoloration of belly button common after tummy tuck surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a full tummy tuck. Everything went well from that surgery. However, my belly button was closing and it closed almost to the point where I could not fit even a Q-tip in it. Two months back, I had revision surgery on my belly button to open it up. The doctor indicated that he open...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I think the tummy tuck has come out well. The belly button however if it was not properly shaped during the initial procedure, then it was definitely a good decision to revise it after a few months. Right now, I feel that the skin is still in the healin...  Read Full »

What causes dark skin around fingernails?

Query: Hi doctor,I bite the skin around my nails, and now I noticed that the skin is turning brownish. I have tried washing it, but no result. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the skin remains painful and swells up with reddish discoloration, then you should be concerned and seek antibiotics if needed. Otherwise, just relax. For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-onli...  Read Full »

My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please look at my pictures and inform me the solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. Looking at your photographs, I can appreciate that you have two things (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. Acanthosis nigricans: The darkening of the neck and underarms is due to thickening of the skin, known as ...  Read Full »

My skin tone differs in my body. How to even it?

Query: Hi doctor, My skin is not clear, and I have my skin with different colors. I drink a lot of soda. Do I have the skin color due to drinking soda? How can I clear it? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have beautiful brown shade. There is no connection between a soda and skin color. But alcohol can increase the activity of sebaceous glands, and it makes the skin more oily. Your ch...  Read Full »

The white spots on my skin are spreading fast. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some small white spots on my skin of the legs, from the past two years. I was taking homeopathic medicines for it. From the past six to seven months, some new patches are coming on my face. These spots are spreading fast, and it has become a serious issue. Kindly suggest some quick...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is vitiligo and since new patches are appearing it is called unstable vitiligo. How many patches are there over your body other than your neck? I suggest you try using the following: Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment once a day. Melgain or Melbild lotion (Deca Peptide)...  Read Full »

Why is my wound not getting cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 43 years old. I am suffering from a wound placed on the opposite side of ankle. I am unable to walk with the pain. I have been suffering with this for the last three months. I previously used Pividine microbicidal sprinkling powder and Zenflox 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have what looks like a dry necrotic ulcer affecting the lateral malleolus of your ankle (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suspect this is likely to be due to venous insufficiency and given its distribution. This is where the valves, which normally en...  Read Full »

A part of my penis discolored after a reconstructive surgery. How to treat this?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months ago, I had a reconstructive surgery on my penis for congenital penile curvature. I had some complications such as hematoma and scar leakage, but I am good now. When my penis healed, a part of it became brown/black (discoloration). Is there a way to reverse this discoloratio...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know what are all the creams you have tried? Was a skin graft used? If yes, was it a full thickness or split skin graft? And, is the discolored port...  Read Full »

Post plateletpheresis,my hand is turning bluish black.Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, Post plateletpheresis, my hand is turning bluish black day by day. It is spreading wider and a slight pain occurs in such areas. I have attached pictures of the same. Is this a safe sign? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: It appears to be previous subcutaneous bleeding. After donation, the vein and surrounding skin will require time to heal. The needle inserted for the procedure is a l...  Read Full »