Q. Why am I having diffuse hair fall after taking Finasteride?

Answered by Dr. Rabia and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Hair Fall or Finasteride? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been on Finasteride for three months now. Recently, I have been having a huge shed of around 100 hairs a day, up from 5 to 10 before the treatment. The hairs I shed are thick but half the length of the rest of my hair. They are also thin at the base of the hair. This hair loss is in a diffuse pattern on my whole head rather than just at the temples like before. Is this sort of hair loss normal for this point in the medicine?