Q. I am suffering from hair loss. My hairline is receding. Can I take Finasteride?

Answered by Dr. Meha Malhotra and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hair Loss or Hairfall? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for hair loss?