Q. I am suffering from hair loss. My hairline is receding. Can I take Finasteride?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 24, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for hair loss?

#

The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits.

Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pretty safe. So, you need not worry.

Hair4U is a topical solution used to treat male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia). It contains 10 % Minoxidil or Aminexil (Kopexil).

Biotin (Multivitamin) tablets promote hair growth as well.

Finasteride is used to treat androgenetic alopecia in adult men only. It slows down hair loss and promotes hair regrowth. Finasteride might cause the risk of developing prostate cancer.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|