Hair Fall

Why am I having excessive hair loss and hair breakage from the roots?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20-year-old female with a weight of 48 kilograms. I am having excessive hair loss and breakage occurs from the roots. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, you are suffering from hair loss. Having a hair fall less than 100 strands per day is considered normal and anything above it requires treatment. Hair fall can occur due to multiple reasons. It occurs due to dry scalp with a history of dandruff and dr...  Read Full »

Can straightening make hair dry and result in hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I straightened my hair three times. After that, my hair became dry and curly. I have a lot of hair fall while shampooing. Please help me.   Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hairs are basically made of keratins. Hair follicles are present inside the scalp and so hair grows from it. When you straighten them or when you bleach them or when you do styling, some part of them gets damaged and so it cannot be repaired by itself. The only new hair...  Read Full »

Why am I having so much hair fall at 21 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I am facing hair loss for 3 years. I went to one dermatologist. He prescribed Menabol tablets, Zydip lotion, Vits hair Minoxidil solution, and seboclear shampoo and asked me to go on diet eggs and cheese. I started to get good. But again, after some time, it was the sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is androgenetic alopecia. It occurs due to the sensitivity of the hair follicle to androgens and is constitutional. You cannot do much about it. It is progressive with age and varies from person to person. Most of the time, it is familial and more inheritan...  Read Full »

What are the causes of hair fall in a 19-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 19 years old. I am experiencing hair fall for the past two to three months. I took Creatine monohydrate for bodybuilding for two months. My hair is falling from the root. Most of the time, I have a white bulb at the end.   Read Full »

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple causes to have hair loss and it depends on your pattern. Increased shedding of hair with more than 50 per day occurs due to stress, water change, nutritional deficiencies, high fever like dengue or malaria or typhoid, certain medications, harsh sh...  Read Full »

Can hair stop growing and start thinning because of psychotic breakdowns?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old female. My weight is 110, and my height is 5'4. I have been diagnosed with GAD and agoraphobia. My symptoms are severe. I am writing to receive medical advice regarding my hair. I suffered a severe psychotic breakdown a few years back, and my hair stopped growing. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is sad to hear about your psychiatry problems, but in fact, any stressful mental or physical condition of the body leads to the alteration in hair growth, and thus hair thinning and hair fall can happen. So it is very important that you first treat your psychiatry co...  Read Full »

Why do I have fluctuations in my TSH and FT4 levels after taking Synthroid and Cytomel?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a travel nurse and I move constantly. I had ten different prescription strengths as my doses are changed often. After that, I got wrong dosage of medicines. It was an error done before few months. My prescribed dose is Synthroid 125 mcg and Cytomel 25. As my doctor was adorable, she...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kackar

Rheumatologist, Endocrinologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should omit to take both the medicines for a day or two days. Start taking Cytomel (Liothyronine) 25 mcg and Synthroid (Levothyroxine) 137 mcg. If you have any symptoms, then decrease the dose of Cytomel. You can take Biotin 10 mg once a day, Zinc 22 mg once a day f...  Read Full »

Why am I getting severe hair fall after pregnancy?

Query: I hv great hair fall as i am breastfeeding my 4 months babay.......  Read Full »

Dr. Sunita Kothari

Answer: Not getting sufficient vitamins and nutrients can exacerbate hair loss. Be sure you’re eating properly and staying hydrated In addition to your regular calorie intake, you will need to factor in extra calories for nursing. You will need up to 650 extra calories per day to produce sufficient mi...  Read Full »

How to reduce increased hair fall?

Query: I am 19 years old girl currently doing bechelors. I just want to know the reason behind my excessive hairfall. I have this problem for five years and now it got worse. I once consult a dermatologist, he advise me to do a blood test but that was normal so he does not give any medictation. My skin is ...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello. This is a very broad question and a very broad topic but I will try to answer it as best I can without knowing the details of your particular case. There are a wide range of conditions that can bring on hair loss, with some of the most common being pregnancy, thyroid disorders, and anemia. O...  Read Full »

Can changing water cause sudden hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am facing sudden hair fall from the past one month. The hair fall started all of the sudden and full strands of hair is falling out while taking a head shower and combing hair. I have lost half of my hair volume and on left top corner scalp is visible. I have fac...  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel you are suffering from chronic telogen effluvium. Nutritional deficiency is the commonest cause. Keep your hemoglobin above 12g/dl. Are you taking biotin containing hair supplements? Have dates and fresh vegetables and fruits rich in iron. Did you have severe il...  Read Full »

Will Methotrexate cause more hair fall when used for alopecia areata?

Query: I currently have alopecia areata that has flared up due to the current stress of the situation. I'm looking at starting a medication to see if it can help. Two medications have been discussed dexamehtasone and methotrexate. Each would be a low doese (1-2 days/week) for 3 months. My dermatologist...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I'll help you with your concern. I understand alopecia areata can be really stressful. Alopecia areata is chronic recurrent condition due to genetic component. Because of genetic condition, it's has tendency to recur again and again. Both methotrexate and dexamethasone are good ...  Read Full »