Hair Fall

Can seborrheic dermatitis result in hair fall and itching?

Query: I exactly dont know whether it is sebhorreic dermatities,but a white bump comes with hair root and becomes of that there is itching on hair.And because of that there is lot of hairfall the hair comes out even if i touch them.I also used ketoscalp shampoo but still there is no recovery.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having a good day. 1) Have you consulted a Dermatologist prior and are you diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis ? I do not get what you mean by white bumps? is is pustules or hard white bumps or fluid filled lesions or just dry skin flakes ? 2) It will...  Read Full »

How to treat inherited hair fall problem?

Query: Dear Sirs, I have been facing hair-fall issue since long but it has now taken pace. I am attaching my Pics as well! please suggest me something! ( One thing is clear that it is inherited from my father and maternal uncles).  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I am here to help you. I went through history and photo you provided, it suggests you have lost a lot of hair. this condition of hair fall is known as androgenetic alopecia. yes it runs in family also. Androgenetic alopecia is a condition in which males develop a patterned bald...  Read Full »

Why am I having excessive hair loss and hair breakage from the roots?

Query: I am a 20 years old, female, weight: 48. I am having excessive hair loss and the breakage is occurring from the roots. What should i do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having a good day 1) From you history I understand your issue is hair loss. Please be aware that a hair fall of less than 100 strands per day is considered normal, and anything above that requires treatment. 2)Hall fall can be due to multiple reasons lik...  Read Full »

Why do I get thinning of hair and excess hairfall even in the age of 17?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. Since I started to grow my hair, I began to realize how thin it is naturally. Is there any way to thicken it up? But the main concern is that since I have grown it, I started to experience excessive shedding. By only passing my hand on my head I would get on av...  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information given it seems you are experiencing the early signs of male pattern hair loss. This is a very common condition and there are many factors responsible, one of them being genetic. If you have other family members with similar patterned hair loss the c...  Read Full »

Can straightening make hair dry and result in hair fall?

Query: Hi, I straightened my hair for 3 times. After my third time my hair became really dry and curly also there is a lot of hair fall while shampooing.Please let me know whether i can make my hair better  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: hi, hairs are basically dead keratins only the hair follicle inside the scalp skin from which hair grows is living. so when you straighten them or when you bleach or when you do any styling over them some part of the is always damaged. so that cannot be repaired by the hair itself only the new h...  Read Full »

What are the causes of hair fall in a 19-year-old?

Query: From about 2-3 months i am experiencing hair fall. I never had such problem.I am 19 years old I never had hair fall issue ever. i took creatine monohydrate for body building purpose about 2 months go. The hair are falling from the root most of them have the white bulb at the end.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: hi, welcome to icliniq There can be multiple causes for hair loss and it also depends on the pattern. Increases shedding of hair more than 50 per day can happen due to stress, water change, nutritional deficiencies, high fever like dengue/malaria/ typhoid, certain medications, harsh shampoos, dandru...  Read Full »

Why am I having so much hair fall at 21 years of age?

Query: 1 am 21 yrs old. I am facing hairloss since 3 yrs. I went to one dermatologist . He prescribed Menabol tablets Zydip lotion Vits hair Minoxidil solution and seboclear shampoo. And asked me to go on diet eggs and cheese. I started to get some good. But again after sometime it was same. I am losing ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: hi this is androgenetic alopecia. it occurs due to sensitivity of the hair follicle to androgens. and is Constitutional you can't do much about it is progressive with age and vary from person to person . most of the time it's familial and more inheritance is from the maternal side. permanent tre...  Read Full »

Can hair stop growing and start thinning because of psychotic breakdowns?

Query: Hello, I am a 36 year old female, weight 110, height 5'4. I have been diagnosed with GAD and agoraphobia. My symptoms are severe. I am writing to receive medical advice regarding my hair. I suffered a severe psychotic breakdown in October of 2017, and my hair stopped growing. It stayed exactly sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: hi sad to hear about your psychiatry problems but infact any stressful mental or physical condition of the body lead to to alteration in hair growth and thus hair thinning and hair fall so it is very important that first to treat your psychiatry condition do healthy exercises eat a balanced diet a...  Read Full »

I have been using Minoxidil, but hair fall persists. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been using Minoxidil for about a year now and continue to shed. I now have balding patches where it was not an issue before. Ironically the thinning I had started using it for filled in. Wondering if I need to stop the use or if it is normal to experience shedding still? I use it...  Read Full »

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please upload a few pictures if possible, to advice proper treatment.  Read Full »

I am having extreme hair fall and my center of the scalp has started showing up. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old and having extreme hair fall. My center of the scalp has already started showing up. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use Trichospire hair kit and Qilib men lotion twice daily. I hope it helps. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us.   Read Full »