Hair Fall

How to reduce increased hair fall?

Query: I am 19 years old girl currently doing bechelors. I just want to know the reason behind my excessive hairfall. I have this problem for five years and now it got worse. I once consult a dermatologist, he advise me to do a blood test but that was normal so he does not give any medictation. My skin is ...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello. This is a very broad question and a very broad topic but I will try to answer it as best I can without knowing the details of your particular case. There are a wide range of conditions that can bring on hair loss, with some of the most common being pregnancy, thyroid disorders, and anemia. O...  Read Full »

Can changing water cause sudden hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am facing sudden hair fall from the past one month. The hair fall started all of the sudden and full strands of hair is falling out while taking a head shower and combing hair. I have lost half of my hair volume and on left top corner scalp is visible. I have fac...  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel you are suffering from chronic telogen effluvium. Nutritional deficiency is the commonest cause. Keep your hemoglobin above 12g/dl. Are you taking biotin containing hair supplements? Have dates and fresh vegetables and fruits rich in iron. Did you have severe il...  Read Full »

Will Methotrexate cause more hair fall when used for alopecia areata?

Query: I currently have alopecia areata that has flared up due to the current stress of the situation. I'm looking at starting a medication to see if it can help. Two medications have been discussed dexamehtasone and methotrexate. Each would be a low doese (1-2 days/week) for 3 months. My dermatologist...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I'll help you with your concern. I understand alopecia areata can be really stressful. Alopecia areata is chronic recurrent condition due to genetic component. Because of genetic condition, it's has tendency to recur again and again. Both methotrexate and dexamethasone are good ...  Read Full »

Is acne, hair fall, facial hair, and back pain symptoms of PCOS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female who weighs about 95 kg. I want to ask you my doubt regarding PCOS. Symptoms like acne, hair fall, facial and breast hairs, sometimes clots in periods, though my periods are regular and with pains. At times I have severe lower back pain before periods and feel...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for reaching out. Let me provide you some information regarding the symptoms related to PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Not all symptoms occur in all women with PCOS. Some women may experience only one or two of these symptoms. Irregular or absent periods me...  Read Full »

How to get rid of hair fall and gray hair?

Query: Hi doctor, I have increased hair fall and gray hair. I also did home remedies like amla, reetha, and shikakai.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Such hair changes can be due to inadequate diet and vitamin deficiencies, mostly vitamin B7 deficiency. Another reason can be applying different types of shampoo and washing hair frequently. Since when do you hav...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest solution for both thinning of hair and alopecia areata.

Query: Hello doctor, I had hair thinning before the alopecia areata started too, a couple of months before. And I am currently on no medications.  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is alopecia areata and the hair loss is telogen effluvium with possibly androgenetic alopecia. Telogen effluvium can be caused by any recent prior illness, thyroid problem, low iron Hb, nutrition related, stress, etc. For alopecia areata, you can start Mometaso...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution to control excessive hair fall.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old. I have excessive hair fall though all my tests and hormonal levels are normal, but I loss more than 200 strands per day. Can you please help because due to COVID-19 pandemic I cannot go out and take a consultation? I went to a doctor before and he just told me to take...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have irregular periods? Excess blood loss during periods? Low serum iron or ferritin levels? Hormonal imbalance or fluctuations? Stress? Exam fear, tension, or grief? Is there insufficient protein intake? Lack of proper nutrition? Crash dieting? Do you fo...  Read Full »

Can seborrheic dermatitis result in hair fall and itching?

Query: I exactly dont know whether it is sebhorreic dermatities,but a white bump comes with hair root and becomes of that there is itching on hair.And because of that there is lot of hairfall the hair comes out even if i touch them.I also used ketoscalp shampoo but still there is no recovery.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having a good day. 1) Have you consulted a Dermatologist prior and are you diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis ? I do not get what you mean by white bumps? is is pustules or hard white bumps or fluid filled lesions or just dry skin flakes ? 2) It will...  Read Full »

How to treat inherited hair fall problem?

Query: Dear Sirs, I have been facing hair-fall issue since long but it has now taken pace. I am attaching my Pics as well! please suggest me something! ( One thing is clear that it is inherited from my father and maternal uncles).  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I am here to help you. I went through history and photo you provided, it suggests you have lost a lot of hair. this condition of hair fall is known as androgenetic alopecia. yes it runs in family also. Androgenetic alopecia is a condition in which males develop a patterned bald...  Read Full »

Why am I having excessive hair loss and hair breakage from the roots?

Query: I am a 20 years old, female, weight: 48. I am having excessive hair loss and the breakage is occurring from the roots. What should i do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having a good day 1) From you history I understand your issue is hair loss. Please be aware that a hair fall of less than 100 strands per day is considered normal, and anything above that requires treatment. 2)Hall fall can be due to multiple reasons lik...  Read Full »