Q. I suffer from severe hair loss and itching for the past two years. Please help.

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Published on Nov 21, 2019

I am suffering from severe hair loss for nearly two years. Hair loss is severe when accompanied by itching. Itching at times is terrible. Please help.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. I will need an image of your scalp to assess your hair loss and help accordingly.

I have attached the photos for your reference.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I went through the image you attached. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As I can see there are white flakes present which is known as seborrhoeic dermatitis. It leads to itching and hair loss. I am prescribing the following medicines, they will help. Keraglo AD shampoo, thrice a week, apply on the scalp leave for 10 minutes and wash off, Qilib hair serum to be used once a day on the scalp, tablet Follihair once daily.

Apart from this kindly get these tests done to assess if anything else is causing hair loss.

1. Hb and serum ferritin.

2. Vitamin D.

3. Serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

Get back to me with reports.

I just checked the image sent to you.The white spots are not flakes of dandruff. It just happened because of the camera flash. I had itchiness, and red bumps on my head and hair loss. Red bumps disappeared after using an ayurvedic oil. But, this itchiness and hair loss is still there. If I scratch my head, the hair also comes along with it.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. Kindly start the medicines given, they will help. Also, get the tests done and follow up with reports. Oiling of the scalp is not recommended.

My hair loss is back after a trip to a tropical country. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Three months after I had my second child, I suffered hair loss. It all grew back six to seven months postpartum. Then, I went on a trip about two and a half months ago to a tropical climate and when I got back I am getting the same type of hair loss again. I believe the name for it is ...  Read Full »

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall problems are at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors like ch...  Read Article