Seborrhoeic Dermatitis

Which shampoo is best for dandruff?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem of acute flaky dandruff and also itching in my hair. I have tried Topisal, Nizral and various other shampoos as well. However, there is no respite from dandruff. Please suggest me some good mediation as well as shampoo and oil. Currently I am under sugar and BP medica...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints. You should start with shampoo containing Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole. Use it every alternate day in the beginning. Once you notice improvement gradually taper it to twice weekly and then once weekly. Along with this apply, Clotr...  Read Full »

What are the causes of flaky white patches on a baby's forehead?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is four months old. He has white patches on his forehead and around his eyes. They are flaky and little skin peels off. I am much worried. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to seborrheic dermatitis (itchy red rash with flaky scales) or atopic dermatitis or simple dryness. Please consult a dermatologist for examination and management. Use mild soap or cleanser for face wash. You can also use a moisturizer.  Read Full »

Baby has white patch on cheeks though pimples are gone. Is it seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1 and a half month old baby is having mild cradle cap and cluster of red pimples on his face. The area is quite dry even though the pimples are gone. This has left a white patch or discoloration on his cheeks. Is this atopic dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis? How long will it l...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The baby has post-inflammatory hypopigmentation due to seborrheic dermatitis. It is nothing serious and will go with time. I suggest you apply Desowen lotion (D...  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are having non-involuting congenital hemangioma (NICH). NICH present at birth and usually flatter, presented as well defined round to ...  Read Full »

Kindly give suggestion for irritating aggressive dandruff on eyebrow.

Query: Hello doctor, For past six months, I have had an irritating aggressive dandruff on my right eyebrow. Granules develop that are painful to the touch. I have applied zinc oxide, tea tree oil, and Pramoxine hydrochloride 1 % (suggested by a pharmacist). They helped for a while but were not a permanent...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this same episode or recurrent issue? How long did you use above mentioned topical agent? Do you have discharge from right eye? From your description one of the differential diagnosis is blepharitis. But to be sure of the diagnosis, kindly send image and revert back....  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like you to thank for giving me a perfect clinical history with perfect photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a crystal clear case of seborrheic dermatitis and is moderate in nature. It is a fungal infection and is ...  Read Full »

On application of Selsun blue shampoo, my cheek turned white. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. From my childhood, I had white patches (skin discoloration) that come and go and I was informed that was due to dandruff. I always use moisturizer. I read an online post and I applied Selsun blue shampoo on one side of the cheek where there were light wheatish pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by white patches? Was it diagnosed as Pityriasis versicolor or vitiligo? Please send images. What medications have you used till now? Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Shall I opt Finasteride for hair loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am losing my hair day by day. Can I use Finasteride? I have hydrocele. Is it related to my testosterone?  Read Full »

Dr. Annie Flora G

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not go to Finasteride straight away. First, the cause and the pattern of your hair loss have to be assessed. It could vary from seborrheic dermatitis to androgenic alopecia to any other skin disorders too. Then, treatment can be planned. Have a consultat...  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for clogged skin pores?

Query: Hi doctor, Can dead skin and excessive sebum buildup cause itchy skin? If so then what is the most effective treatment for clogged pores?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have excess sebum then you can develop acne or seborrheic dermatitis,which can cause itching.The best way to remove excess of sebum is steaming your face which not only open your closed pores but also reduce the chance of acne and other skin disease.You should do f...  Read Full »

I have a small acne like thing on chest. Is it related to cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »