Q. What is the cause for hair loss and hair thinning?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

I am working in an oil plant and suffering from hair thinning and hair loss for the past one month. I am extremely healthy with a clean diet and exercise (non-smoker and no alcohol). Is this due to desalinated water and heat? Is this permanent hair loss? What can I do to prevent further damage?

#

Use coconut oil mixed with castor oil on your hair. Give a gentle massage. Use a filter or soft water to wash hair. Do not wash hair frequently. Use a mild shampoo.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Is this hair loss and thinning permanent? Why is this happening as I did not have this before?

#

The cause can be a mixture of exposure to chemicals and the change of weather and water. You have to rule out all of it and get accustomed to this if a change of place is not possible. Use soft water or filter water. This hair loss is not permanent. Use a mild shampoo. Use regular oiling mixed with castor oil to promote hair growth. Use biotin supplements unless otherwise contraindicated. Have a healthy balanced diet.

|