Hand Washing Steps

I am at risk of COVID-19 due to overweight with high BP. What precautions should I follow?

Query: Hi doctor, My question is about COVID-19. I am very worried about this virus. I am 29 years old and my job is essential so I am still out in the field. I am overweight and take medications for high blood pressure including Lisinopril and Metoprolol. Everything I read said this puts me at way more o...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certain important points that can be put to good use by you: 1. Wear a surgical mask or an N95 mask (it is a little suffocating) when you go out to work. 2. Make sure to not touch any part of your face, ears, or head after touching any object outside your house. If yo...  Read Full »

How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pneumonia is a lung infection. It is a serious problem if you do not care about it in timely. You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down. You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you h...  Read Full »

How to differentiate typhoid and jaundice from other fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from jaundice and typhoid. I have vomiting, high fever, rashes, drowsiness, and stomach pain. Whenever I consult the doctor, he gives me medicines. I do not understand, and I am confused whether he gives tablets for jaundice and typhoid or whether he provides tablets for cough, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, jaundice is a symptom, and typhoid fever is a diagnosis. Jaundice is a state in the human body in which there is an increase in bilirubin (produced in the liver) level causing yellowish discoloration of sclera and skin. I am not sure whether you have typho...  Read Full »