Hard Stool Impaction

Why is my son suffering from stomach pain and loose motions?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is suffering from severe stomach pain. He had motions around three to five times in the night. His age is 17. We went to a doctor and he advised Pentasa 1 g and Morease SR for one month. We also had x-ray, blood test and colon endoscopy. The reports are normal. He has been taking m...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of abdomen pain is functional and it is related to multiple problems such as constipation, regurgitation of food, etc. I think the organic causes are already ruled out. But, we left with functional issues. I think your son may have chronic constipati...  Read Full »

Please suggest any medicine for free motion and anal pain.

Query: Hello, From 4days, I'm not feeling easy to do free motion and having pain like itching. It's been very difficult why motion itching and too much pain. Can't able to touch the portion too. Can you please suggest me any medicine for free motion and pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Given only 4 days history of symptoms, it seems that you possibly have some hard stools which are unable to be expelled outside. Every time you give pressure or strain, it is expected that you would feel some pain. I suggest you to use Syp Lactulose 15 ml today nig...  Read Full »

Will intestinal block cause stool impaction?

Query: Hello doctor. I did a herbal cleanse which seemed to cause a blockage. I worked with suppositories, fleet, laxative, magnesium supplements, senna docusate for temporary results. My symptoms are straining excessively, feeling of rectal blockage, digital retrieval to relieve pressure, feeling of in...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what I could make out from your description is that you have history of constipation but have a recent worsening possibly due to the 'cleanse'. You have a background of hypothyroidism. You have used a plethora of laxatives with some partial relief. For your imm...  Read Full »

Can I die from a long-standing fecal impaction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have had a fecal impaction for four weeks. My symptoms are, straining while pooping, occasional pain in my rectum, painful bowel movements, right arm tingliness, sore back, and I am not nauseous, but queasy. It does not bother me much, but sometimes it hurts...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry as regards to these symptoms. Avoid constipating food items such as red meat, maize-based foods, baked food, etc. Drink three liters of water daily. Take syrup Lactulose 20 ml at bedtime for a week. Apply Lignocaine anal cream (Smuth) for a w...  Read Full »

Facing issues with fecal incontinence, How to get rid of this permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing issues with fecal incontinence. I am unable to control stools. I also have irregularity in passing stools. It is like, the moment I feel like going to the toilet, I get heavy pain inside my stomach and after which I am unable to control stool movement. There is a...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition which you have mentioned might be due to constipation. Constipation causes hard stool impaction and around which soft liquid stool percolates. Advice: Take syrup Piclin 5mL twice a day for 3 days. Also take Methylcellulose husk 3 spoons twice a day. Dr...  Read Full »

I have severe difficulty in passing stools. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a difficulty in passing stools and a clogging where the stool passes from the sigmoid colon to the rectum to execute a bowel movement. I just spent several hours of discomfort feeling constipated and as though I needed a bowel movement, only to pass a stool the size of a pea a...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your health query and can understand how worried you are about your health. The symptoms you are talking about are related to constipation. And there are a lot of different reasons for constipation. Sometimes the patient has just hard stools (...  Read Full »