Q. Can you please suggest how to remove lice and nits from head?

Dr. Ashwini V. Swamy

My daughter has a lot of lice and nits on her head. We tried a lot to remove them. Can you please suggest how to remove lice and nits from her head? She is 7 years old now.

#

Head lice are contagious. She would have got it from school. It is very important to treat the person from whom she got this. Otherwise, she will be getting lice again and again. Just make sure that her school teacher is aware of this. Now coming to the medication part, Perlice (Permethrin) 1 % creamy rinse, shampoo the hair with regular shampoo which she is using, after shampoo, apply this Perlice creamy rinse to the scalp and hair, leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. After the hair is dry, comb it thoroughly with a lice comb. Repeat the same process after one week.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|