Q. How can headache due to blood clot in brain be cured?

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Published on Sep 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

My mom is a diabetic patient suffering from typhoid diagnosed an hour ago. She also had a blood clot in her brain. She is having headache badly. What to do now?

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetology
#

According to your query, your mother is suffering from a bad headache due to blood clots. Any headache with intracranial problems needs detailed assessment as there might be a headache of serious causes like raised intracranial pressures or venous thrombosis which needs immediate neurosurgery opinion. So do not worry. Just consult a neurosurgeon. Do not simply take medicines for relief from pain.

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

The MRI of the brain shows a blood clot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt, who is 54 years old, is diabetic since the past 10 years, and she is under regular Insulin. 10 days back, she suddenly lost speech, and since then, she is not able to speak even a single word. I am attaching her CT scan and MRI scan reports along with the prescription. What i...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arun Tungaria
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The problem is insufficient blood supply to the brain. It is a severe problem. The prescribed medicines are alright. Please consult a neurosurgeon so that he can examine her. She will recover fro...  Read Full

How common is it to develop a blood clot or PE with no underlying disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, How common is it to develop a blood clot or PE with no underlying clotting disorder, surgery, not on birth control, etc.? Like can a PE happen out of nowhere? Or is there always a culprit?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, there is always an underlying risk factor for the development of deep vein thrombosis. Advanced age, genetic conditions, smoking, obesity, trauma, surgery, etc., are some of the risk factors. The genetic disease includes protein C deficiency, protein S defic...  Read Full

Ask a Diabetologist Now