Q. My fever subsided, but headache still continues. What do you suggest?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
Published on Mar 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

I am having headache and fever for four days and I had Sumo cold and Gelusil. Now, the fever is less but the headache continues.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

A headache along with fever is a common symptom of viral fever. Since your fever has come down, your headache should go away or get better in a day or so.

Drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated and take rest. You can take Paracetamol 500 mg on a full stomach three times a day but do not take any Aspirin or Ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs.

If your headache does not improve in a day or you develop any other symptoms like neck stiffness or vomiting or convulsion, etc., you should get some tests done to exclude any other serious issue like meningitis or encephalitis. However, if your fever goes away, such possibility is unlikely.

I hope this helps. Please notify if your fever does not improve.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now