Hearing Problems

Why do I feel like something is blocking my hearing in the right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My right ear is like something is there, and something is blocking. I cannot hear.  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without much more information, I can only point out a few causes that come to mind. Perhaps it would help for me to break it down into two categories: 1. Acute one-sided hearing loss- consider, in descending order of probability- cerumen (ear wax) impaction, eustach...  Read Full »

What causes sudden hearing loss with severe ear pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a sudden hearing loss. I can hear blood pumping like pulsating in my right ear with lots of pain. Previously, I had a stroke, TIA, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, bipolar disorder, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia. Currently, I am taking Amitriptyline 50 mg at night, Atorvastati...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A sudden sensorineural hearing loss is a medical emergency and it has to be evaluated and treated accordingly. Treatment taken after 48 hours will not produce desirable results even after taking the full course of treatment. Hence it is important to take treatment immed...  Read Full »

Can I have permanent hearing loss due to intake of Cialis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I have been taking 5 mg Cialis about once per week for the past three months to help with prostatitis. After every tablet, I would usually notice some mild symptoms such as hearing things differently and sometimes some pressure in the ears. I assumed those we...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cialis contains Tadalafil and hearing loss is a very less common side effect, but it can happen. I would advise you to get an audiometry done as that will tell us if hearing loss is there and its possible cause. Secondly, Tadalafil also causes some nasal congestion, which...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment option to get relief from impacted wax present in ears.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male with a weight of 63 kilograms and a height of five feet. I have decreased hearing in both ears. I think that there is a wax formation and it blocks the ways. Please suggest an ear drop to get relief.   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have impacted wax. This causes extreme frustration and blocks the entire ear canal. This results in pain and decreased hearing. Try to follow these measures to have relief. Stop using earbuds at any cost. It can introduce a new infection in the ear canal and cau...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a good quality hearing aid and medication for severe hearing loss.

Query: Sir, the patient is my father of age 88 years old. His height is 5.2m and weight around 62 kg. He is having hearing problem quite severely. He was using hearing aid machines but none of them have been working satisfactorily and gets damaged frequently. Require your help for a good quality hearing ai...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, The pure tone audiogram uploaded by you shows clearly that he has nerve related deafness in both ears and it is indeed due to his age. You seem to have taken a poor quality hearing. Please go for a better quality hearing aid. It will be costlier. Go for a bilateral hearing aid rather than f...  Read Full »

Why is my hearing in the left ear affected?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few days, I am not able to hear properly through my left ear and it is almost down to 50%. I have consulted an ENT specialist and they suggested for a CT scan. Everything is fine in the scan. Sugar and BP levels are normal and they injected some steroids for two days. Still, ...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and you have developed sudden hearing loss in your left ear for the last few days. As you are neither hypertensive nor diabetic, the possibilities are acute labyrinthitis, eustachian tube dysfunction and idiopathic. Now, you have to consult your ...  Read Full »

Does muffled hearing result from listening to loud music using earbuds?

Query: Hi Doctor, Im 16 years old and for the past month, I’ve been experiencing tinnitus in my left ear. For some background, I also experienced tinnitus for about 2 weeks a few months back. When it started, I was listening to music louder than I should have during a good part (about 80%) and I fel...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi Icliniq user , Atleast am happy that you are now not crossing the warning sign while listening to music. Step-1. Don't use earphones for taking calls and music , use it in speaker mode and at moderate volume. Step-2 . Sometimes Puretone Audiometry (hearing test) doesn't reveal the intial...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my hearing problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am having trouble with my left ear hearing. But, I never took much care to sort it. Lately, I found it is little awkward. I am having an old audiogram result with me. Please look through it and tell your advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an almost nil hearing in the left ear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your right ear is normal. So, all your hearing is through right ear and problem you already have is difficulty in localizing speech other than hearing loss. Unilateral heari...  Read Full »

What should I do to my blocked ear due to a hit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. Yesterday, I got hit on my ear and it is blocked. The sound is not going inside, and I am hearing a lot of air sound. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by air sounds? Do you hear noises, or is there any ringing of the ears? Since you have hearing impairment following a slap, there are two possibilities. One is there may be trauma to the eardrum, which might have perforated with consequent hearing ...  Read Full »

Please give your valuable opinion on my child's hearing problem.

Query: Please have a look on her hearing test Report and give your suggestion. Please find the Patient details. Her Adenoids and Tonsils were removed. Due to Enlarged Adenoids she got infection in her middle ear and she was not hearing clearly. Then her middle ear was cleaned and the tube was inserted. Ag...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! The reason why she is still not hearing properly is probably due to remnant adenoids which could have been left behind and would have umdergone compensatory hypertrophy causing the same problem for which surgery has been done. I would recommed her to use metatop nasal sprays 2 puffs in each nos...  Read Full »