Q. What is the first aid for heart attack?

Dr. Santhosh Sampath

What is the first aid for heart attack, in case of I am alone at home?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. Before giving the first aid for heart attack, you should know the symptoms of heart attack.

The symptoms of heart attack are:

• chest pain,
  • back pain between the shoulder blade,
  • left arm pain extending to the left little finger,
  • pain in the neck and,
  • pain in the left side of lower jaw.

The First Aid for Heart Attack are as follows:

1. First and foremost thing is that you should not panic. You should stay calm and do not move.
  2. If possible call someone nearby, but do not shout, call through mobile phone (can also be done based on the situation).
  3. Do not walk or climb the stairs since you need to be shifted to the hospital without exertion.
  4. It is always better to call an ambulance; at the same time try to reach a local multispecialty hospital with the help of your neighbour's four wheeler (whichever is possible earlier).
  5. If you have tablet Isosorbide dinitrate or tablet Aspirin at home, chew one tablet each and keep under the tongue (sublingual) and do not swallow the tablet.

Based on the available guidelines, the golden period for revascularization is around 6 hours within after the onset of heart attack.

Hope this helps. Wish you good health.

Consult a cardiologist online for further clarifications --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|