Q. What is the first aid for heart attack?

Dr. Santhosh Sampath
Published on Mar 07, 2017

What is the first aid for heart attack, in case of I am alone at home?

Dr. Santhosh Sampath

General Medicine Nuclear Medicine
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. Before giving the first aid for heart attack, you should know the symptoms of heart attack.

The symptoms of heart attack are:

• chest pain,
  • back pain between the shoulder blade,
  • left arm pain extending to the left little finger,
  • pain in the neck and,
  • pain in the left side of lower jaw.

The First Aid for Heart Attack are as follows:

1. First and foremost thing is that you should not panic. You should stay calm and do not move.
  2. If possible call someone nearby, but do not shout, call through mobile phone (can also be done based on the situation).
  3. Do not walk or climb the stairs since you need to be shifted to the hospital without exertion.
  4. It is always better to call an ambulance; at the same time try to reach a local multispecialty hospital with the help of your neighbour's four wheeler (whichever is possible earlier).
  5. If you have tablet Isosorbide dinitrate or tablet Aspirin at home, chew one tablet each and keep under the tongue (sublingual) and do not swallow the tablet.

Based on the available guidelines, the golden period for revascularization is around 6 hours within after the onset of heart attack.

Hope this helps. Wish you good health.

Consult a cardiologist online for further clarifications --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Heart Attack Explained

Article Overview: This article describes heart attack in simple language, which can be easily understood by common people. Read Article

Our heart works as a pump. As water pump pulls water from back pipes and pushes it to forward pipes, so is the function of our living pump. It receives blood from the body and pumps it forward to the body. Blood contains oxygen and nutrients that our body metabolizes to generate energy, which is re...  Read Article

Please explain my father's heart problem from the medical report.

Query: Hi doctor, My father has diabetes for the past 15 years and he is suffering from heart problem for the past four years. Recently he was admitted to the hospital due to severe breathing problem, sudden fainting, loss of appetite and water accumulation in the stomach and legs. After taking treatment ...  Read Full »

Can Aspirin be used to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I had unprotected sex on the 10th day of my period and then took Unwanted 72 within an hour. Now my period has been delayed by 12 days. The pregnancy test done after 10 days of missing period is negative. But, I am getting pimples, bloated stomach and white vaginal disc...  Read Full »