Q. My heart rate is high while doing exercise. Please advise.

Dr. Krutika Shrikant Ingle
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2020

My heart rate is 90 to 100 while doing exercise. Should I reduce my exercise and take more rest? Or do I need to do exercise such as jogging every day?

#

• Firstly, I would like to inform you that your heart rate is completely normal.
  • Also, when you exercise, it is a normal phenomenon that the heart rate raises. It is only after regular long sessions of exercising that the lower heart rate is seen, like in athletes or marathon runners.
  • The normal heart rate is 60 to 100 beats per minute.
  • So, do not worry and continue exercising as you do for about 30 to 40 minutes per day. You can run, sprint or jog and do anything you like.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|