Exercise

What should I do to gain weight in a healthy way?

Query: Hello doctor, This quarantine season caused me to lose weight from 48 kg to 44 kg in three months. I am already underweight. My height is 165 cm, and weight is 44 kg. My BMI is 16.2. I had my thyroid hormone levels checked and it is within the normal range. Blood sugar levels are also normal. I th...  Read Full »

Dr. Safina Mithani

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For weight gain, try to increase your meal protein content. 1. Include cheese, skim milk powder, nuts, greek yogurt, etc. 2. If you are eggetarian, you can include two eggs daily in your meal, alternatively include peanut butter. 3. Try to have healthy one-pot m...  Read Full »

Can I take antidepressants only when needed and not continuously?

Query: Hello doctor, I have depression. But for some reason, I do not want to take antidepressants. I have been taking it for the past one year. And have stopped it. But sometimes I get very depressed. Can I take my antidepressant like Desvenlafaxine sometimes? As needed? Or maybe any other antidepressant ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the severity of your depression. If you have the first episode of depression. and you were stable on medication for more than six months then you can try to stop the medication. But if you have again depression then you need to take medication. Y...  Read Full »

Kindly provide a diet chart to reduce my cholesterol levels.

Query: Hello doctor, My total cholesterol - 239, HDL cholesterol serum- 54, LDL cholesterol serum- 159. I want to control it and make it normal, for which I need a definite diet plan and guidelines.  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you already said, you have borderline cholesterols which can be controlled easily through diet and exercise. You are 10 kg overweight which needs to be reduced. If your weight becomes normal, your blood reports will automatically become normal. You need to eat nor...  Read Full »

Why is there a change in heart rate in the initial days of gymming?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 400 lbs, 35-year-old male who did not do exercise but I just started going to the gym since past week. The first three days my maximum HR was 150 on the treadmill and I felt fine and I would do 40 minutes on it and today I only did 30 minutes because I started to feel a little ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is normal for the heart rate to go as high 300 bpm. You are exercising the wrong way for someone with your weight. You have to start exercising by taking a five-minute walk on the treadmill before gradually increasing the pace to a speed...  Read Full »

Should I consider taking anti-hypertensive drugs for my BP readings?

Query: Hi doctor, I tried monitoring my blood pressure for the past two weeks. My average is around 130/90 (please see attached records of BP and lipid profile test). Can I be already considered as hypertensive? Should I need to take BP lowering maintenance at this point? Also, I am on statin maintenance...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Thank you very much for attaching your blood pressure readings (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It helps a lot to understand better what the problem might be. Your readings are all within normal but can be said to...  Read Full »

What is the best way to weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, What remedy should I take to lose weight? I am currently on Zonegran 200 mg, Pristiq 100 mg, and Klonopin 1/2 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Mbuomboh Liwo Blaise

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, we put on weight when energy gained from food is far more than the energy used for our daily activities. The net energy is stored in muscles and adipose tissues. However, many medical conditions make us put excessive weight. No matter what causes weight gai...  Read Full »

How to gain weight soon?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am unable to gain weight. I am in depression as I am underweight. My weight is 49 kilograms. Currently, I am taking homeopathy medicines.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Take Nutrigain granules (Ashwagandha with Shatavari) one teaspoon two times a day with lukewarm milk and add a half teaspoon of Desi ghee or clarified butter in lukewarm milk. It will help you in gaining weight. Also, learn exercises which...  Read Full »

Kindly assist in diet and precautions for high cholesterol.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. I am looking for an online consultation for the cholesterol check-up result. I am 182 cm in height and 110 kg in weight. I feel heavy, and I am worried about my cholesterol. I want to know about my current blood test report and precautions with diet.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have recently done lipid profile test and wanted to know the precautions to be taken for that. According to your lipid profile test (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your cholesterol, triglyce...  Read Full »

My fingers are forming knobs and hurt. Why is it so?

Query: Hello doctor, I have seen a rheumatologist and all my tests on autoimmune diseases are normal. He even ordered hand X-rays and they are normal. My fingers are forming knobs on them and hurt constantly. My movement is getting more and more limited. I can barely bend my affected fingers. I feel sick...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the markers for inflammatory arthritis are negative, then, the possibility of chronic fatigue syndrome is there. I suggest you to start Pregabalin or Duloxetine to see the response which will be helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome. Consult with your specialist doc...  Read Full »

Why does my erection fade away every time I try to have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I got married recently but not able to do sex due to erection problem. I get erection but becomes loose with a few seconds before penetration. I never had sex before. I used to masturbate by rubbing my penis between my legs and ejaculate. Is this the cause of my pro...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide us some more details. When you masturbate do you ejaculate? During that process does your male organ get erect? Have you never had any morning erection? Have you had wet dreams at the night? Do you masturbate very frequently? Is there any subconsciou...  Read Full »