Exercise

Should I pursue my education after having second baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, with two daughters. My life seems like sucked up, no income as I decided to go to University last year, as I could not finish 6 years ago. Feeling like a loser, hating myself as after giving birth to my second daughter (she is 7 months now) have become very fat and ugl...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are motivated and want to work towards a better life but looks like you are troubled by self-doubts and confidence appears to be low at present. You have already taken the important first step in acknowledging the problem and trying to get some advice. You have...  Read Full »

I am 18 years old. How to get rid of chest fat?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18-years old male with weight 176.37 pounds, height 68.5 inches. I want to get rid of chest fat and not under any medication.   Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the chest fat is due to loose skin, it becomes very difficult to get rid of it. The best way to somehow make it proportionate is to work out and get an extensive chest, which will automatically stretch the skin and it will not look like that the fat is accumulatin...  Read Full »

Why is there a change in heart rate in the initial days of gymming?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 400 lbs, 35-year-old male who did not do exercise but I just started going to the gym since past week. The first three days my maximum HR was 150 on the treadmill and I felt fine and I would do 40 minutes on it and today I only did 30 minutes because I started to feel a little ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is normal for the heart rate to go as high 300 bpm. You are exercising the wrong way for someone with your weight. You have to start exercising by taking a five-minute walk on the treadmill before gradually increasing the pace to a speed...  Read Full »

Why is it good to eat before you workout?

Query: Hello doctor, Should I always eat before workout? Why is it good to eat before you work out? What should I have?   Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, food is recommended to consume 2 to 3 hours before a workout. If workout will start in less than two hours, should consume easy to digest carbohydrates and protein such as protein smoothies, whole grains or oatmeal. If it will start in less than an hour, then ...  Read Full »

Can I take green tea to increase efficiency of weight loss workout?

Query: Hi doctor, I have started my workout for weight loss. My query is about increasing efficiency. Which should I take or which would be safe and effective for me? Green tea extract or green coffee? Is there any specific brand I should purchase?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Green tea contains antioxidants and has some positive effects on the skin and body. It can also be used as a low calorie refreshing beverage in place of your regular coffee or tea. But do not rely on it for your weight loss. It does not have the effects as shown in a...  Read Full »

What are some foods that can help fight or reduce the symptoms of spring allergies?

Query: Hello doctor, Seeking the specialist insight on foods and spring allergies. What are some foods that can help fight or reduce the symptoms of spring allergies? What makes each of these foods effective? Are there any foods that might make spring allergies worse? How long do you have to be eating th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per Ayurveda the Kapha that increases and accumulates during extreme winter is liquefied by the hot sunrays of spring season. This weakens the digestive fire causing various diseases. Hence, the aggravated Kapha is to be quickly pacified by various means. The aggravate...  Read Full »

No medicines seem to work for my anxiety. Can you suggest any solution?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old.I have anxiety and I am taking medications for that - Effexor XR two times a day Olanzapine 5 mg one at night. It has been now four years that I am struggling with this illness and now none of the medicine work for me. Please advice me what should I do.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are suffering from anxiety disorder only, why do you need to take Olanzapine? Olanzapine is an antipsychotic and it has no role in anxiety. Effexor (Venlafaxine) is a good medication. You can try a simple and good medication with a low side effect like tablet ...  Read Full »

How can we treat fatty liver?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fatty liver for a year. I gained a lot of weight. After regular exercises, walking, and maintaining my diet, I am unable to lose weight. Can I take Lycopodium along with Calcera carbonica? And I also have a lot of dandruff problems. I am taking Himalaya liv 52 ds.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatty liver is due to obesity. You have to check your blood pressure and sugar levels as well. Check serum cholesterol, serum triglyceride. Regular active one hour exercise is needed for you and a strict diet restriction has to be followed. Fatty foods should be ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from insomnia since last three weeks. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from insomnia from the past three weeks. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time you are experiencing insomnia or there has been a previous history? Sleep problems can happen if you are stressed, anxious or have a mood problem. Is there anything stressful going on in your life ? Do you do shift work? Try to address the root...  Read Full »

Is there any relation between excessive sleepiness and cardiac insufficiency?

Query: Hi doctor, I am wondering about the connection seen between my excessive fatigue or sleeping issue with cardiac insufficiency. I have excessive sleepiness due to mild sleep apnea. But I have a strange disconnect regarding exertion. Even, a slight anaerobic activity reduces my breath and it takes ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, daytime sleepiness occurs due to sleep apnea. If it is present in its severe obstructive form, it can cause a host of cardiac diseases like atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease, and heart failure. The exercise intolerance initially develops the consequence ...  Read Full »