Exercise

How to overcome the fear of not being the exam topper again?

Query: Hi doctor,I was a topper in my three semesters. Now, I have a fear that I will lose my topper position in my fourth semester. Due to this fear, I am unable to focus on my studies.   Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you concentrate on your rank, you will not get it. You need to concentrate on your studies and enjoy your journey to build your career. Ranking is not an important factor but skill and knowledge are important. If you are good in skill and knowledge, you will get a go...  Read Full »

Why do I get back pain which aggravates only on sitting and standing?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 36 years old. I had vitamin D deficiency with back pain before four years. I did physiotherapy and ayurvedic treatment to get cured. Things got better after doing it. But still, I have some symptoms. I have back pain while sitting for a long time specifically in some kind of chair. So...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms suggest core and back muscle weakness. I suggest you do some regular exercise in the gym or yoga or even at work. Do chair-based exercise. It helps to strengthen your core strength and back toning. Do some flexibility exercise. You can consult a physio...  Read Full »

With a family history of diabetes, am I prone to diabetes in the near future?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I have fruits for dinner? Will it increase my sugar levels, or will I get diabetes because of it, as I have a family history of diabetes? As of now, I do not have diabetes. Also, if I want to replace my dinner with fruits which fruits do you suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you want to take fruits instead of a traditional meal at dinner. Yes, you can take fruits for dinner. There is nothing to be worried about at all. You have a family history of diabetes, b...  Read Full »

What are the measures to be followed by a woman having irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is having irregular periods for a year. She has consulted the doctor but I need a second opinion.   Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention her age and marital status. Please mention the duration of having irregular periods and mention the last date of having periods. Please mention her height and weight. Please mention whether she has any other medical conditions such as diabetes and thyroid...  Read Full »

What should I do to reduce weight and anxiety due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 49 years old. I weigh around 72 kg, having hypothyroidism and anxiety. I am taking Thyroxine 125 mcg and Sertraline 25 in the morning and 50 in the evening. How can I get rid of anxiety and its sensations like floating and dizziness? And how can I lose weight? My LDL cholesterol ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could see only the ultrasound report and others I think you missed attaching (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Anyways, the ultrasound report is normal. For your height, you are almost about 12 kg more. Hypothyroidism itself can lead to weight ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have brownish discharge in an 11-year-old girl before puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 11 years old, and she has brown discharge for three days. Today is the fourth day. Please advise if this is a period or a sign of a period. Should I consider this as a period and start the counting cycle? If this is not a period, then when can we expect the actual peri...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to advise you to calm down and relax a bit. I know it concerns you and also distressing for her. I will try my best to clear your doubts. If she has not started her menses yet, most likely, she is going to start her periods soon. Labeling ...  Read Full »

What are the causes and signs of fibromyalgia?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 months ago, I was investigated for muscular pains on my legs, thighs, and inside knees. I visited a neurologist and an orthopedist. I had EMG, full neurological examination, MRI of head and neck, and blood tests. All investigations came back normal. I visited a rheumatologist w...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kackar

Rheumatologist, Endocrinologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will like to know if you are on any supplements. Get your blood sugar, Vitamin B12, and D, serum magnesium, zinc levels, thyroid function test, and kidney function test done. How is your digestion and bowel patterns? What measures are you taking for stress manageme...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my headache and back pain due to workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have headaches and backache for the past two days. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rachit Maan

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you on any medication? Do you have any history of previous trauma?  Read Full »

Is it common to have pain and stiffness in fractured finger even after healing?

Query: Hello doctor,I have two issues. I broke my finger three months ago, and it healed. However, I cannot bend it as it is swollen and hurts when I try to bend it. I feel like something is restricting, like fluid around my joints possibly. Also, I may have some nerve damage because when I touch smooth th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stiffness after finger fracture is very common and can persist if it is not addressed. Could you please share the images so that I can suggest a physio plan for you? It could be fibromyalgia, as it can cause pain in multiple places and again needs proper assessment. ...  Read Full »

Will workout help in weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old female. I am overweight (65 kg for 164 cm). I feel guilty about eating, but I still eat because of my hunger. I want to lose weight, especially on the thighs, arms, breasts, and stomach. I do not know what the best way to lose weight is. What workouts will work? I a...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I studied your problem and understood your concerns. I know that overweight is due to an energy imbalance. When you eat more calories compared to what you spend in physical activity, the excess calories get converted to fat and get stored in the body and result in ov...  Read Full »