Exercise

Why is there a change in heart rate in the initial days of gymming?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 400 lbs, 35-year-old male who did not do exercise but I just started going to the gym since past week. The first three days my maximum HR was 150 on the treadmill and I felt fine and I would do 40 minutes on it and today I only did 30 minutes because I started to feel a little ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is normal for the heart rate to go as high 300 bpm. You are exercising the wrong way for someone with your weight. You have to start exercising by taking a five-minute walk on the treadmill before gradually increasing the pace to a speed...  Read Full »

Should I consider taking anti-hypertensive drugs for my BP readings?

Query: Hi doctor, I tried monitoring my blood pressure for the past two weeks. My average is around 130/90 (please see attached records of BP and lipid profile test). Can I be already considered as hypertensive? Should I need to take BP lowering maintenance at this point? Also, I am on statin maintenance...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Thank you very much for attaching your blood pressure readings (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It helps a lot to understand better what the problem might be. Your readings are all within normal but can be said to...  Read Full »

What is the best way to weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, What remedy should I take to lose weight? I am currently on Zonegran 200 mg, Pristiq 100 mg, and Klonopin 1/2 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Mbuomboh Liwo Blaise

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, we put on weight when energy gained from food is far more than the energy used for our daily activities. The net energy is stored in muscles and adipose tissues. However, many medical conditions make us put excessive weight. No matter what causes weight gai...  Read Full »

How to gain weight soon?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am unable to gain weight. I am in depression as I am underweight. My weight is 49 kilograms. Currently, I am taking homeopathy medicines.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Take Nutrigain granules (Ashwagandha with Shatavari) one teaspoon two times a day with lukewarm milk and add a half teaspoon of Desi ghee or clarified butter in lukewarm milk. It will help you in gaining weight. Also, learn exercises which...  Read Full »

Kindly assist in diet and precautions for high cholesterol.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. I am looking for an online consultation for the cholesterol check-up result. I am 182 cm in height and 110 kg in weight. I feel heavy, and I am worried about my cholesterol. I want to know about my current blood test report and precautions with diet.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have recently done lipid profile test and wanted to know the precautions to be taken for that. According to your lipid profile test (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your cholesterol, triglyce...  Read Full »

My fingers are forming knobs and hurt. Why is it so?

Query: Hello doctor, I have seen a rheumatologist and all my tests on autoimmune diseases are normal. He even ordered hand X-rays and they are normal. My fingers are forming knobs on them and hurt constantly. My movement is getting more and more limited. I can barely bend my affected fingers. I feel sick...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the markers for inflammatory arthritis are negative, then, the possibility of chronic fatigue syndrome is there. I suggest you to start Pregabalin or Duloxetine to see the response which will be helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome. Consult with your specialist doc...  Read Full »

Why does my erection fade away every time I try to have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I got married recently but not able to do sex due to erection problem. I get erection but becomes loose with a few seconds before penetration. I never had sex before. I used to masturbate by rubbing my penis between my legs and ejaculate. Is this the cause of my pro...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide us some more details. When you masturbate do you ejaculate? During that process does your male organ get erect? Have you never had any morning erection? Have you had wet dreams at the night? Do you masturbate very frequently? Is there any subconsciou...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to start workout after one year of metal implant for midshaft bone fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a sports-related injury which resulted in a midshaft humerus bone fracture, the bone was basically broken in three different places. I got surgery due to the severity and had a metal implant placed in my arm holding the bones together. It has already been a whole year since the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your fracture seems to have united on the x-rays (true AP and lateral views are not there) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best modality for fracture union is CT (computerized tomography) scan. You can start with the exercises and gradually ...  Read Full »

Do I need to take medication for my low vitamin D?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39 years old. Recently I have done some health check ups. The report shows my LDL cholesterol is 140, Triglycerides -165, HDL-30. Should I take any medicine? Or should I start walking or exercise? My vitamin-D level is 20.15. What medicine should I take for my low levels of...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your lipid profile and liver enzyme ALT are deranged and Vitamin D is low. For low Vitamin D, you should have tablet Uprise D3 (or Calcirol sachet) 60,000 units once a week with milk ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine or supplements to increase my muscle mass.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. My height is 5'9" and weight is 54 kg. I do not look healthy. I take a regular diet and meals thrice a day. I do not have any health problems like cough, fever, and pain. Actually, I want to put on my weight and develop my muscles because I look very thin. Co...  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good to know that you are eating well. What about family history? Are your both parents or anyone parent is underweight? If it is familial, it is difficult to gain weight. You can try with any protein powders, Ensure is good for a supplement. Take it as mentioned in t...  Read Full »