Height Discrepancy

Kindly suggest a solution to increase the height of a 10-year-old boy.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years old. But his height is a great concern for me as he is only 125 cm and weighs about 27.3 kg. Recently he got an x-ray of his hands to know his bone age. The x-ray revealed that it is 9.4. Please comment.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think you should be worried off as he is still 10 years old and has still more years left for growth. Generally, height is a genetically programmed component, it depends on both parents height. You can calculate the expected height of your child with a form...  Read Full »

My sister is 18 years old and she is too short. Will GHRP work?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is 18 years old, and her height is too short (4.5"), and my father is 6'3", and mother is 5'7". But still she is 4'5", and her height is not increasing, and as a girl, she faces too many problems because of her height. Will GHRP (HGH) work?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Abdul Kader

Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Expected height of your sister should be, 2.54x (75+67) /2)-6.5(+/-)10 cm = 173.84 (+/-) 10 cm = 5'8.44"(+/-) 3.9 inch. Girls usually acquire their final height by the age of 16 years. So your sister has a short-stature. The commonest cause of short stature in growin...  Read Full »

Do I have any postural defect?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if I have any postural defects. So I am sending a file standing straight at the stadiometer measuring height. By how much could I increase my height by fixing defects (if there are any)? I have read that anterior pelvic tilt may affect height by even 2.5 inches, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your posture seems to be near normal. Except your anterior pelvic tilt is more with increased lumbar curvature. This compensation may be due to a weak lower abdomen. Tight hip flexor and an...  Read Full »

Why have the feet and hands not grown in an 18 year old male?

Query: Hello doctor, Basically, my current height is 5 feet 7 inches, and I am 18 years old, for which my doctor said I am only taller than 25 % of my age group. I have not hit my second main growth spurt I believe. I have been growing really slowly over the years, even when I was 14 years old, I was not ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your current height will be based on a combination of your genes and environmental factors. If your parents are tall, you will also reach a good height eventually in most of the cases. A good diet rich in carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and all micronutri...  Read Full »

Are there any clinically proven medicines to increase the height in adults?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23. I want to increase my height. Is there any medicine for it? I see a lot of advertisements about it. But, are there any clinically proven methods?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The growth of our body depends on the secretion of the growth hormones. It is the one which regulates our growth. Our body development is almost complete by 18 years of age. After that, it is very hard to obtain. In the market, there are several growth supplement prod...  Read Full »

Shall I get foam rolling for shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Once in two days, I get muscle pain or cramps in my rhomboid major. My T4 and T6 is usually pretty bound up. Also, I have minor scoliosis, and one of my shoulder blades is higher than the other. This is causing pain on my right side since that is the lower shoulder. I have chiropracto...  Read Full »

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to first ascertain the cause of the height discrepancies in the shoulder blades. Usually, it happens due to muscle imbalances, injury, spinal pathology or any other reason. So, visit a physiotherapist to make certain the cause, and later you may work on the cause...  Read Full »