Q. Are H. pylori infection and stomach cancer interrelated?

Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Helicobacter Pylori or Gastritis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

In the past one month, I have been feeling like bloated stomach and uncomfortable as if my stomach was full. Initially, I went to a local doctor. However, that did not help me. Then, I went to a gastroenterologist, who initially gave me medicines and then did an endoscopy. Post the endoscopy, there was slight swelling in the intestine and slight redness. So, the doctor did a RUT test to check for H.pylori bacteria and the result was positive. Please let me know more about this bacteria. Is this related to cancer? Is there any complete cure for this bacteria? Also, I would like to know about diet I should follow now.