Hematoma

My toe nail got injured with a plate and a tiny spot appeared under my nail. What is it?

Query: Hello, I am a 29 year old male and found a tiny spot which seems to be under my nail. About 6 months ago I dropped a big plate on my toe and it became blue due to the impact. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks and once the blue was gone, my nail became yellow / gold color at the tip and I think a yeast in...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern. 1. Though it looks like Blue nevus , it is extremely rare in subungual location, that too aquired. Only a few reports till now in the literature. 2. Though benign/harmless in most of the cases, rarely malignant transformation can occur , which is indicated by sud...  Read Full »

I have a brown or dark patch on my toe nail. What is that?

Query: Hello doctor, Brown patch or dark spot in the toenail. I noticed a brown patch or dark spot in my toenail. This is the only toe that is having this issue. I have not had any itching yet on this foot (maybe a little on the other foot, but no dark spots). I would like to know, a) The cause of this...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there?   Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for my abdominal mass and weight gain with ulcerative colitis.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43-year-old female. My height is 5.7 feet, and my weight is 100 kg. I am recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and 20 mm polyps have been removed from the rectum. Currently, I am taking Mercaptopurine, Allopurinol, and Pentasa. I have an abdominal mass above and to the righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are recently diagnosed with UC (ulcerative colitis) and under medication. A recent blood test shows high CRP (C-reactive protein). You are noticing abdominal mass in the stomach with symptoms like hair loss, weight gain, double vision, symmet...  Read Full »

I have a bruise on my arm after plasma transfusion. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a really bad bruise on my arm after giving plasma. I think it might be a blood clot. I am an 18 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the picture and history provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I think it is a small dispersed hematoma because of leakage of blood from the blood vessels. As it has happened at the site of venepuncture, it is mainly because of inadequate...  Read Full »

A huge dark bruise and a bump formed on my mother's arm after blood drawn for test. Is this hematoma?

Query: Hello doctor, One week ago, my mother had a CBC done, and the results were all perfectly normal. However, the lab forgot to order a peripheral smear review (which her doctor requested). So a week later, the CBC was repeated with a smear. Oddly, the results of this new CBC were, Low WBC. Low RBC....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and attached images as well. You are having superficial thrombophlebitis most likely as per given history and attached image. It can be most likely due to a technical error during collection. However, your low red blood cell count, low ...  Read Full »

What could this pea sized lump around my scrotum be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been kneed really hard in the groin 10 days ago while playing basketball. The pain is more of an ache that does not last long. There was immediate swelling in my scrotum around the veins and arteries above my left testicle and some minor discomfort but continued to play. I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had a blunt trauma to your scrotum almost a week back and since then have had a decrease in the swelling and no urinary complaints which are good signs. Was there ever any blood in the urine immediately after the incident? From your description, it appears...  Read Full »

What causes itchy swelling on the inner labia?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my husband a week ago. I felt some pain during sex and after a day I started getting itchy on the inner side of my left inner labia. I tried to rub a cotton swab to check it and there was fresh blood on it. It happens even now, although itching and irritation h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be two possibilities. Either Bartholin's cyst or infected hematoma. You need to upload the picture for us to make the correct diagnosis. The size of the lesion will help us decide whether it can be managed with medications or incision might be needed. Othe...  Read Full »

How long does it take for a subgaleal hematoma to resolve?

Query: My son is 1 year 8 months old with 13 kg weight. 17 days back, he accidental fell from 4.5 feet height and injured in on right side of head. There were no any Symptoms noticeable like vomiting or other after injured. After consult a Doctor; he conform us that “only Potential scalp and swelling...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Kishore

Paediatrician, Paediatric Surgeon, General Surgeon

Answer: Welcome to icliniq Greetings of the day The scalp swelling is due to clotted blood known as Hematoma. It will slowly liquefy and be absorbed. If the overlying Skin is intact and there is no breach in it there is no cause for concern. No medication will really work in resolution of it. Applying h...  Read Full »

Will bump due to head injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I got hit in the head and there has been a bump on my head for five months. When I first got it, I could feel the blood move around in the bump. The other day, I did something I am not sure what but it felt tingly and it burned so bad. I do not take any medications and I am 16 years o...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Gul

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So far, what you have mentioned is that you got a head injury about five months ago. As you have described there was a formation of a bump and there was fluctuation. It means the trauma on your head has lead to the formation of hematoma, which usually resolves spont...  Read Full »

Why does my son get some blood clot like black spot while playing?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son gets some blood clot and black spot while playing. It used to stay for a few days, but this time it has been there for the past two weeks. He also has some pain on the spots. His BT 1 minutes, CT 4 minutes 15 seconds and albumin protein is 5 g per 100 mL. My son used Pi...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those black spots witnessed following injury are bruises or hematoma that occurs due to bleeding into the tissue under the skin. The remarkable feature of this is changing their color from black to red to green before they disappear. They are tender, painful and may b...  Read Full »