Hematoma

My father has got a brown spot in his eye after he was striked with a metal brooch. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation. You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not an...  Read Full »

What are the chances of recurrence of blood clot in brain even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My father underwent surgery for a blood clot in his brain before 10 months. Doctor said that the surgery was done twice as the clot was not removed properly for the first time. My father is totally fine now, but I want to know if there is any possibility for the clot to occur again. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the scan reports of your father. The clot that he had is called chronic subdural hematoma which usually occurs in aged person due to brain shrinkage. Due to shrinkage in the brain a space is created between brain and skull. If the bridging vessels in the s...  Read Full »

A huge dark bruise and a bump formed on my mother's arm after blood drawn for test. Is this hematoma?

Query: Hello doctor, One week ago, my mother had a CBC done, and the results were all perfectly normal. However, the lab forgot to order a peripheral smear review (which her doctor requested). So a week later, the CBC was repeated with a smear. Oddly, the results of this new CBC were, Low WBC. Low RBC....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and attached images as well. You are having superficial thrombophlebitis most likely as per given history and attached image. It can be most likely due to a technical error during collection. However, your low red blood cell count, low ...  Read Full »

I have a brown or dark patch on my toe nail. What is that?

Query: Hello doctor, Brown patch or dark spot in the toenail. I noticed a brown patch or dark spot in my toenail. This is the only toe that is having this issue. I have not had any itching yet on this foot (maybe a little on the other foot, but no dark spots). I would like to know, a) The cause of this...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there?   Read Full »

What are the side effects of mega cisterna magna?

Query: Hello doctor,I have done a CT scan of the brain recently and found everything was normal but with mega cisterna. The report shows scalp hematoma but that was from childhood and operated. I am worried about mega cisterna. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Devender Pal Singh

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your CT scan is normal. Mega cisterna magna is a normal variant. So do not worry about that. Scalp hematoma is a collection of blood outside your skull (bone) and is, therefore nothin...  Read Full »

What is the black spot on my toe?

Query: Hello doctor, I have this black spot (bar shaped) that has been on my toe for a while. It may be nothing but I just wanted to get it checked.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is just an old hematoma (blood clot), may be due to some blunt injury to toe like falling of hammer on your toe. Try to remember whether you had any injury there a few months ago. If it was due to inj...  Read Full »

I have a hard bump on my eyebrow after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns. The history you have provided suggestive that you are probably having a condition called hematoma. It is absolutely a harmless condition, and there is no need to worry regarding it. It is nothing but a...  Read Full »

I have recurrent bruising under the nail. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,Three years ago, on a trip after walking around all day, my big toe on my left foot began to hurt. When I removed my shoe, I had bruising under the nail. I contributed it to the new balance shoes I was wearing. It got worse and I eventually I lost the nail on that toe. The nail grew bac...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhushan Nagpure

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Judging by your description, it looks like a subungual hematoma. Usually, it is resolved by a procedure known as decompression. It is an OPD procedure performed by a licensed physician. I would suggest you plan your visit to a local physician as soon as possible to a...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for my arm that got trapped in a door.

Query: Hi doctor, I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having blood spots over the skin is a sign of the hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning...  Read Full »

Why is there swelling and pain in elbow area after an accident?

Query: Hello doctor, I was involved in a car accident which my vehicle ran reverse on my left arm and got swelling and bruises all over my arm and now when I try to lay my arm down on something, there is a lot of pain in the elbow area and around the top of the elbow area and the doctor says there is noth...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There must be crushing of the tissues and what is called internal degloving and a collection of blood called a hematoma and that causes the part to be swollen and warm to touch. As long as there is no fracture then you do not need a plaster but a sling to rest the ar...  Read Full »