Hematoma

Will bump due to head injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I got hit in the head and there has been a bump on my head for five months. When I first got it, I could feel the blood move around in the bump. The other day, I did something I am not sure what but it felt tingly and it burned so bad. I do not take any medications and I am 16 years o...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Gul

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So far, what you have mentioned is that you got a head injury about five months ago. As you have described there was a formation of a bump and there was fluctuation. It means the trauma on your head has lead to the formation of hematoma, which usually resolves spont...  Read Full »

Why does my son get some blood clot like black spot while playing?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son gets some blood clot and black spot while playing. It used to stay for a few days, but this time it has been there for the past two weeks. He also has some pain on the spots. His BT 1 minutes, CT 4 minutes 15 seconds and albumin protein is 5 g per 100 mL. My son used Pi...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those black spots witnessed following injury are bruises or hematoma that occurs due to bleeding into the tissue under the skin. The remarkable feature of this is changing their color from black to red to green before they disappear. They are tender, painful and may b...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swelling and bruising caused by gymnastics?

Query: Hi doctor, I did some gymnastics on the trampoline and landed on it funny. Then, it started to hurt painfully. Now, it has bruised and swollen. I can only bend it backwards and not forward. Could you please help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The image you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a bruise over the metacarpophalangeal joint that is at the base of your fingers. You might not be able to move it in all directions because of hematoma in that region or some tendon o...  Read Full »

Can a hard lump in the lower back be kidney cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male. I had a hard lump on the left lower back between top of the hip bone and lower ribs. No pain to the touch. It feels about the size of a marble or the end of a pinky finger. What is it most likely? I did have a hard fall on my back about a year ago in that area...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Looking at the location you pointed there should be no lump ideally in that area as it is purely muscular. Having said that, in your case since you had a fall at that point last year, possibl...  Read Full »

What could be the large bruise in the back of thigh?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up a few days ago with a large bruise on the back of my left thigh. Unsure of how this happened, as I do not remember or have knowledge of hitting this area. I was drinking heavily the night before but do not believe this is a reason for the bruise. I have been working out a lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your bruise is clearly due to hematoma. You should get a USG (ultrasound) of your thigh. Take some rest and bruise will disappear gradually. Also, if there is severe pain at that locatio...  Read Full »

How are moles under the nails treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have moles under the nails of each of my big toes. They appeared over the last months, but I do not remember exactly when. The one on my left toe is a round dot in addition to a diagonal line next to it and that goes to the right edge of my nail, while the one on my right toe is just...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any pain? Any change in placement noticed as the nail grows? Revert back with answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Can a CT scan show blood clots?

Query: Hi doctor,Post spine surgery My CT says evidence of pre and paravertebral soft tissue and differentiation of hematoma may be considered. Does this mean there is a blood clot?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you want to know about a CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This report means that there is a pre and paravertebral soft tissue. But, from the CT scan, they are not able to find out specifica...  Read Full »

What causes arm pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a blood test done around six days ago and my arm is paining now? It aches when I curl my arm and also when I stretch it out flat. This has never been an issue for me previously. What might be causing this pain on my arm? Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility that there may have been multiple attempts at the same site before taking the blood sample. This causes extravasation of blood in the surrounding tissues as well leading to hematoma formation often accompanied with discoloration of skin. This may...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pressure and discomfort in neck after accidental strangulation?

Query: Hello doctor, Five weeks ago, I fell down while mountain-biking. I went over the handlebars and hit my head and chest. I was wearing a helmet and a chest protector and both of them had cracked as a result of the impact. The helmet strap had strangulated my neck pretty hard. Ever since I have been c...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your injury. Since your CT (computed tomography) scan is normal, it is very unlikely that there is any bony or skeletal injury hence reducing the possibility of something permanent. It appears that there is some soft tissue injury in the laryngophar...  Read Full »

My father has got a brown spot in his eye after he was striked with a metal brooch. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation. You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not an...  Read Full »