Hematoma

Can a CT scan show blood clots?

Query: Hi doctor,Post spine surgery My CT says evidence of pre and paravertebral soft tissue and differentiation of hematoma may be considered. Does this mean there is a blood clot?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you want to know about a CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This report means that there is a pre and paravertebral soft tissue. But, from the CT scan, they are not able to find out specifica...  Read Full »

What causes arm pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a blood test done around six days ago and my arm is paining now? It aches when I curl my arm and also when I stretch it out flat. This has never been an issue for me previously. What might be causing this pain on my arm? Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility that there may have been multiple attempts at the same site before taking the blood sample. This causes extravasation of blood in the surrounding tissues as well leading to hematoma formation often accompanied with discoloration of skin. This may...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pressure and discomfort in neck after accidental strangulation?

Query: Hello doctor, Five weeks ago, I fell down while mountain-biking. I went over the handlebars and hit my head and chest. I was wearing a helmet and a chest protector and both of them had cracked as a result of the impact. The helmet strap had strangulated my neck pretty hard. Ever since I have been c...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your injury. Since your CT (computed tomography) scan is normal, it is very unlikely that there is any bony or skeletal injury hence reducing the possibility of something permanent. It appears that there is some soft tissue injury in the laryngophar...  Read Full »

My father has got a brown spot in his eye after he was striked with a metal brooch. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation. You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not an...  Read Full »

What are the chances of recurrence of blood clot in brain even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My father underwent surgery for a blood clot in his brain before 10 months. Doctor said that the surgery was done twice as the clot was not removed properly for the first time. My father is totally fine now, but I want to know if there is any possibility for the clot to occur again. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the scan reports of your father. The clot that he had is called chronic subdural hematoma which usually occurs in aged person due to brain shrinkage. Due to shrinkage in the brain a space is created between brain and skull. If the bridging vessels in the s...  Read Full »

A huge dark bruise and a bump formed on my mother's arm after blood drawn for test. Is this hematoma?

Query: Hello doctor, One week ago, my mother had a CBC done, and the results were all perfectly normal. However, the lab forgot to order a peripheral smear review (which her doctor requested). So a week later, the CBC was repeated with a smear. Oddly, the results of this new CBC were, Low WBC. Low RBC....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and attached images as well. You are having superficial thrombophlebitis most likely as per given history and attached image. It can be most likely due to a technical error during collection. However, your low red blood cell count, low ...  Read Full »

I have a brown or dark patch on my toe nail. What is that?

Query: Hello doctor, Brown patch or dark spot in the toenail. I noticed a brown patch or dark spot in my toenail. This is the only toe that is having this issue. I have not had any itching yet on this foot (maybe a little on the other foot, but no dark spots). I would like to know, a) The cause of this...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there?   Read Full »

What are the side effects of mega cisterna magna?

Query: Hello doctor,I have done a CT scan of the brain recently and found everything was normal but with mega cisterna. The report shows scalp hematoma but that was from childhood and operated. I am worried about mega cisterna. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Devender Pal Singh

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your CT scan is normal. Mega cisterna magna is a normal variant. So do not worry about that. Scalp hematoma is a collection of blood outside your skull (bone) and is, therefore nothin...  Read Full »

What is the black spot on my toe?

Query: Hello doctor, I have this black spot (bar shaped) that has been on my toe for a while. It may be nothing but I just wanted to get it checked.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is just an old hematoma (blood clot), may be due to some blunt injury to toe like falling of hammer on your toe. Try to remember whether you had any injury there a few months ago. If it was due to inj...  Read Full »

I have a hard bump on my eyebrow after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns. The history you have provided suggestive that you are probably having a condition called hematoma. It is absolutely a harmless condition, and there is no need to worry regarding it. It is nothing but a...  Read Full »