Hematoma

How to treat hematoma present in my thigh?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematomas are solved conservatively and only in severe cases when they give compression of an organ are resolved surgically. This is not a big one (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, you have to find out the cause of hematoma if it is not trauma. I...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for my abdominal mass and weight gain with ulcerative colitis.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43-year-old female. My height is 5.7 feet, and my weight is 100 kg. I am recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and 20 mm polyps have been removed from the rectum. Currently, I am taking Mercaptopurine, Allopurinol, and Pentasa. I have an abdominal mass above and to the righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are recently diagnosed with UC (ulcerative colitis) and under medication. A recent blood test shows high CRP (C-reactive protein). You are noticing abdominal mass in the stomach with symptoms like hair loss, weight gain, double vision, symmet...  Read Full »

How to treat the reddish brown mark present on my pointer fingernail?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a reddish-brown mark on my pointer fingernail. It is clear with sharp edges. I noticed it before a month at the base of the nail. Now it has moved down in the nail. I am trying to figure out the cause.   Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a collection of blood or fluid under the nail after a trauma to the nail or it can occur due to a side effect of NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) if you had taken it rec...  Read Full »

How to clear the blood clot present in my finger?

Query: Hello doctor, My finger was pressed between doors around 15 to 20 days ago and blood was clotted in that area. Please refer to the attached pictures. But, since last week, it looks like in the picture.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the data posted. From the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like your finger has got infected. Kindly consult a general surgeon at your local place so that he can examine and drain pus, if present. You also need a ...  Read Full »

My toe nail got injured with a plate and a tiny spot appeared under my nail. What is it?

Query: Hello, I am a 29 year old male and found a tiny spot which seems to be under my nail. About 6 months ago I dropped a big plate on my toe and it became blue due to the impact. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks and once the blue was gone, my nail became yellow / gold color at the tip and I think a yeast in...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern. 1. Though it looks like Blue nevus , it is extremely rare in subungual location, that too aquired. Only a few reports till now in the literature. 2. Though benign/harmless in most of the cases, rarely malignant transformation can occur , which is indicated by sud...  Read Full »

I have a brown or dark patch on my toe nail. What is that?

Query: Hello doctor, Brown patch or dark spot in the toenail. I noticed a brown patch or dark spot in my toenail. This is the only toe that is having this issue. I have not had any itching yet on this foot (maybe a little on the other foot, but no dark spots). I would like to know, a) The cause of this...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there?   Read Full »

I have a bruise on my arm after plasma transfusion. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a really bad bruise on my arm after giving plasma. I think it might be a blood clot. I am an 18 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the picture and history provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I think it is a small dispersed hematoma because of leakage of blood from the blood vessels. As it has happened at the site of venepuncture, it is mainly because of inadequate...  Read Full »

A huge dark bruise and a bump formed on my mother's arm after blood drawn for test. Is this hematoma?

Query: Hello doctor, One week ago, my mother had a CBC done, and the results were all perfectly normal. However, the lab forgot to order a peripheral smear review (which her doctor requested). So a week later, the CBC was repeated with a smear. Oddly, the results of this new CBC were, Low WBC. Low RBC....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and attached images as well. You are having superficial thrombophlebitis most likely as per given history and attached image. It can be most likely due to a technical error during collection. However, your low red blood cell count, low ...  Read Full »

What could this pea sized lump around my scrotum be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been kneed really hard in the groin 10 days ago while playing basketball. The pain is more of an ache that does not last long. There was immediate swelling in my scrotum around the veins and arteries above my left testicle and some minor discomfort but continued to play. I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had a blunt trauma to your scrotum almost a week back and since then have had a decrease in the swelling and no urinary complaints which are good signs. Was there ever any blood in the urine immediately after the incident? From your description, it appears...  Read Full »

What causes itchy swelling on the inner labia?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my husband a week ago. I felt some pain during sex and after a day I started getting itchy on the inner side of my left inner labia. I tried to rub a cotton swab to check it and there was fresh blood on it. It happens even now, although itching and irritation h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be two possibilities. Either Bartholin's cyst or infected hematoma. You need to upload the picture for us to make the correct diagnosis. The size of the lesion will help us decide whether it can be managed with medications or incision might be needed. Othe...  Read Full »