Q. My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye. What should I do?

Dr. K K Agrawal
Published on Nov 04, 2019

My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.

Dr. K K Agrawal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation.

You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not any pieces of metal lodged in the eye or skin around it. If that is normal, then you need not worry. The doctor will prescribe some pain killers to reduce pain and redness. Everything will be back to normal within a few weeks.

But be cautious, and get it checked by an ophthalmologist at the earliest, so as to avoid any potential complications.

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full >>

Dr. K K Agrawal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.   Usually when dust enters the eye, it does not "enter the eye" per se. It actually lodges onto the eye surface and causes irritation. Thus leading to pain, redness of eyes, and secretion of tears. There might be a slight disturbance in the vis...  Read Full

I was left with a hole in the skull after hematoma evacuation. Is it safe?

Query: Hi doctor,Seven months ago, I had a serious head injury. That time, I was left with a small hole in the skull after extradural hematoma evacuation. Then, I had no discomfort in the head. Now, I have terrible tension around the back of the head and dull pressure and pain next to the hole. I feel hyp...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A small piece of the skull bone could be cut and the hole in the bone was made. According to the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no residual brain damage. Under these circumstances, I can explain your headache as follows. The pain a...  Read Full

Does knee inflammation after stopping steroids mean auto-immune disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter (4 years old) had an eye injury around seven months back. She is now diagonised with granulomatous panuvietis. I have consulted in person around six opthalmologists and they have told that it is due to eye injury. However, one of them wanted me to go for auto immune tests ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer your queries one by one. Eye injury may sometimes set up the autoimmunity. It is not clear in your question how much eye problem she currently has. Inflammation anywhere in body could be set up by infection, autoimmunity, or auto-inflammatory d...  Read Full