Q. My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye. What should I do?

Dr. K K Agrawal

My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.

#

I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation.

You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not any pieces of metal lodged in the eye or skin around it. If that is normal, then you need not worry. The doctor will prescribe some pain killers to reduce pain and redness. Everything will be back to normal within a few weeks.

But be cautious, and get it checked by an ophthalmologist at the earliest, so as to avoid any potential complications.

|