Q. My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye. What should I do?

Dr. K K Agrawal
Published on Nov 04, 2019

My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.

Dr. K K Agrawal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation.

You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not any pieces of metal lodged in the eye or skin around it. If that is normal, then you need not worry. The doctor will prescribe some pain killers to reduce pain and redness. Everything will be back to normal within a few weeks.

But be cautious, and get it checked by an ophthalmologist at the earliest, so as to avoid any potential complications.

| 

Does knee inflammation after stopping steroids mean auto-immune disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter (4 years old) had an eye injury around seven months back. She is now diagonised with granulomatous panuvietis. I have consulted in person around six opthalmologists and they have told that it is due to eye injury. However, one of them wanted me to go for auto immune tests ...  Read Full »

After a fall my child's cheek turned blue. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My child fell from a seesaw. He got hurt near his cheek and that area turned blue. There was no bleeding at all. It is there for over 2-3 days. Today, we saw the blue area extended near the eye. What should we do now? I have attached the photos for your reference. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »