Q. Either Aloe vera gel or lemon juice, which is better for hemorrhoid?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
Published on Jul 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

I am suffering from hemorrhoids. It is not an ongoing case. It just happened due to severe constipation. Apart from medicine, which is better for external hemorrhoids? Is it Aloe vera gel or lemon juice? Is there a good painkiller for such situation? I tried Panadol and it worked fine, but I would like to know if there is a more effective one. Thank you.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the data you have posted.

• We need to keep stools soft, which will decrease the pressure and symptoms of hemorrhoids.
  • Our foods should be rich in dietary fiber, as it forms the bulk content of stool and will keep water with it so that the stool will be soft. To increase dietary fiber, eat banana, watermelon and orange. In fruits, the tasteless part is of fiber.
  • So, even then if your stools remain hard, then you need to use laxatives like syrup Lactitol 10 mL at bedtime.
  • For healing, vitamin C is important, so lemon juice is better.
  • Regarding medications, newer tablets like Pileum (Proanthocyanidins and vitamin C) will be useful for healing and thickening of the vessel walls in hemorrhoids, which will help to decrease bleeding.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My wife could notice blood in her stools.Could you please advise us with proper guidance?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife (age 33 years) has been suffering from piles related issues since last 10 years. It occurred after her delivery (in 2003) and was harmless at that time. We are having an eleven year old daughter. Recently she started experiencing pain and itching while going to toilet. Also sh...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It seems like your wife has second degree hemorrhoids which has also led to her fissure. The good news is that it can be managed medically. The first line of management is medical management. Itching is a very common manifestation, which is a...  Read Full

Suggest permanent homeopathy treatment for piles.

Query: Dear doctor, I am suffering from piles. Taking aloes and Aesculus daily. It completely disappeared after taking this for 14 days. But it came back again when I was travelling long distance by car. How to cure it permanently? Suggest some homeopathy medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have lots of water and fiber-rich fruits to help regular bowel movements and avoid constipation. For the piles problem, I would advise you to take three doses of Nux Vomica 200 every three days. Hope this helps. If the problem persists, consult a homeopathic physicia...  Read Full

Amla - a Treasure of Vitamin C

Article Overview: Amla is the one of the most important medicinal plants in the traditional system of medicine. It contains the highest amount of vitamin C and has other nutrients as well. I have discussed the health benefits of amla in this article. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

The wonder fruit amla (Indian gooseberry) is highly valued by nutritionists and practitioners of indigenous medicine. This is scientifically known as Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.  Amla has been held in high esteem in indigenous medicine. It is acidic, diuretic and laxa...  Read Article