Q. Is there a permanent cure for Henoch-Schonlein purpura disease?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I was diagnosed with Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) at 20 years old. The doctor recommended taking medicines. I remember it was Deltasone (Prednisone) for three months, and then she asked me to come back to check the progress of the disease.

Due to financial problems, I could not schedule a consultation and let it be since I was not having any painful reaction to this disease. My only problem is the red rashes coming out from my feet, and I cannot figure out why it appears anytime. So I want to ask if there is a medicine? What I should do to remove the red rashes immediately though I was informed that there is no cure for this disease.

Thank you. It would help me so much.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

If the redness is due to Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP), it will not be easy to cure it completely. Steroids are given to minimize the redness linked to the disease. And you were taking Prednisone which is steroid only, so I would suggest you continue with the same treatment.

If not, send me pictures of redness. I will check and let you know the possible ways of treatment.

Kindly send the picture.

|