Hepatocellular Carcinoma

Are retracted nipples a sign of breast cancer in males?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 72-year-old. He was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis five years back. He is recently diagnosed with 2.6 cm hepatocellular carcinoma in segment seven. It does not show any symptoms and not spreading to the abdomen, pelvis, or chest. Resection and radiofrequency ablation were th...  Read Full »

Dr. Dinesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about it. It makes perfect sense to investigate breast mass first and rule out malignancy before tackling liver cancer. I assume liver HCC (hepatocellular carcinoma) diagnosis is based on imaging only, rather than by an FNA (fine needle aspiration) or bio...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines based on the endoscopy report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a patient having a chronic liver disease with HCC. Currently, I am taking Novidat 500 mg for five days, Spasfon, Risek 500 mg for 14 days and Uroso 250 mg for 14 days. Even after taking these medicines, I still have pain in my stomach. There is no benefit. My endoscopy reports show ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, HCC (hepatocellular carcinoma) causes stomach pain in you. It occurs when you have significant necrosis within the center of HCC with the presence of vascular or capsular involvement. I suggest you do a complete CT (computed tomography) scan with ...  Read Full »

Why does my liver elastogram show a large mass?

Query: Hi doctor, My liver elastogram showed me a large mass of 10 centimeters with increased reflectivity in the right lobe of the liver. I also confirmed it in my CT scan. Currently, I do not have any symptoms but I have a feeling of being weak with weight loss. I was diagnosed with fatty liver five yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Before taking a better treatment, it is necessary to do a biopsy of the mass. Your CT (computed tomography) scan has confirmed this large mass in the liver w...  Read Full »

I am an alcoholic.Do I have the risk of liver cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. During recent times I am feeling a fear of having liver cancer due to my history of heavy alcoholism. I have mentioned my risk factors below: My body weight is 89Kg and my height is 166cm. I had mumps at an age of 5 years. I have kidney stones (as per the rep...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are essentially normal except for elevated cholesterol (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a risk of HCC due to alcohol intake. Grade 1 fatty changes in the liver may be due to obesity and alcohol consumption. But still you not ne...  Read Full »

Please describe the test reports of a liver disease.

Query: Hello doctor,My father has a liver disease. I need the description of the report and the stage of the disease.  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the report, you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like he has hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) and it is metastatic (stage). Another possibility is of cholangiocarcinoma or neuroendocrine tumor. But stage will be same...  Read Full »

Is there treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma? Also, advise on survival chance.

Query: Hello doctor, My father’s CT scan report says there is a solitary hepatic lesion consistent with neoplasm. The possibilities reported in the CT scan are: HCC - hepatocellular carcinoma. Metastases The CT scan was advised when his blood test result showed high alkaline phosphatase with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the investigation are more in favor of locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. In such advanced cases, usually, the patient is planned for palliative treatment in the form of oral medication Sorafenib, which is used under the observation of an oncologist. Also...  Read Full »

What are the options for hepatoma other than chemotherapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask about my father. He is too ill. His doctor told us about a hepatoma in his liver and the liver is enlarged. Now, kindly tell me the treatment. The doctor said about chemotherapy but we did not agree for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hepatoma can be benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous called HCC). If cancerous, there are many types. You have not attached any reports of your respected father. If the doctor is talking about chemotherapy, that means, it is malignant or cancerous. The comm...  Read Full »