Hernia

What could be the cause of the uncomfortable feeling near the cesarean stitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I had two cesarean stitches, which is just below the stomach. Yesterday morning I felt some uncomfortable feeling at the left end of the stitch. When I touch, it felt a bit hard. It is a throbbing and uncomfortable feeling.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from an uncomfortable feeling at the left end of the stitch and felt hard. You had two cesarean sections, and the stitch is just below the stomach. Such clinical fe...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for my abdominal mass and weight gain with ulcerative colitis.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43-year-old female. My height is 5.7 feet, and my weight is 100 kg. I am recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and 20 mm polyps have been removed from the rectum. Currently, I am taking Mercaptopurine, Allopurinol, and Pentasa. I have an abdominal mass above and to the righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are recently diagnosed with UC (ulcerative colitis) and under medication. A recent blood test shows high CRP (C-reactive protein). You are noticing abdominal mass in the stomach with symptoms like hair loss, weight gain, double vision, symmet...  Read Full »

Does one forced bowel movement or intermittent constipation cause hernia?

Query: Can you get a hernia (hiatal, etc) from one forced bowel movement (really forced) or intermittent constipation (lasts for a few weeks-2-3)? I recently had a forced bowel movement (Really bad) and immediately after I got a shoulder and neck pain (more shoulder)? Is that a cause for concern?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. Well the science and nature is quite varied and works in their own way, as far as my experience is concerned, I have not see the hernia happening from one forceful bowel movement. The constipation is not a inciting event though, it is a perpetuating event defin...  Read Full »

Why is my belly button hard?

Query: Hello doctor, The top of my belly button, that is, the skin of my belly button is hard and firm, and the rest of my belly button is not. I feel as if there is something under the surface. I changed my diet, so I lost some weight. I was 168 lbs, and now I am 135 lbs. If I place two fingers over my b...  Read Full »

Dr. Dalia Mostafa Nayel

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, and there is no need to worry. This is due to different layers of connective tissues. For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician  Read Full »

What could be the painful swelling on the scrotum with discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have swelling in my right scrotum for two days which was painful on the first day but not painful now. But it is causing me discomfort.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain and swelling of the scrotum have few causes. 1. Epididymo-orchitis (inflammation of cord and testis). 2. Torsion twist of cord on its access. 3. Hernia. 4. Skin and scrotal edema. Inflammation of testis or epididymis can be due to urinary infection or sexually...  Read Full »

What causes mild pain in the left groin area and testicle?

Query: Mild pain started last night in left groin area( increases while moving) and mild pain also started in left testicle(not continous but happens sharply while changing body postures or breathing deeply). No nausea, no vomit, no other issues. Male, 20, not on any medications ? ?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi and thanks for consulting us Left groin pain radiating to left testicle can be due to left ureteric stone or left epididymoorchitis or left small inguinal hernia. Left ureteric stone is characterized by lion to groin pain some times if the stone in the left lower ureter pain can be from groin r...  Read Full »

What causes a stinging sensation inside the rectum?

Query: I had a fistula surgery last year , prior to it MRI reports also said that hernia is detected on left side , I am a sailor and been sailing from past 8 months , around 1 month ago I started to have bloating sensation especially after meals , I consulted a doctor, he diagnosed it as Acid Reflux , pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Anushtup De

General Surgeon

Answer: hii.. thank you for your query. I understand you have multiple problem so i will go one by one. 1. stinging sensation in rectum - you have not said what type of surgery u umderwent for fistula. If it an open surgery , sometimes it takes a longer time to completely heal . in any case , after any sur...  Read Full »

What could be the one-sided testicular swelling after heavy workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent surgery for testicular swelling on the right side three months ago they say it was hydrocele. Now I got similar swelling in my left side after I did a heavy workout. Although it is decreasing when I am sleeping which did not happen last time. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I understand you might have developed an inguinal hernia as it has occurred after lifting heavy weights which is totally different from your previous diagnosis of hydrocele. Here due to lifting of heavy weights the contents from your abdomen mostly i...  Read Full »

Can lifting heavy weight result in testicular swelling with pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother's private part is swollen. His right testicle is swollen and a slight pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling in the right testis especially if it is painful indicates infection which might be sexually transmitted or might be torsion (twist of testis leads to reduce blood supply) other causes of swelling can be hydrocele, varicocele, hernia or tumor. Examination and ul...  Read Full »

Is the suggested treatment plan correct?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a C-section delivery before four months. After 15 days, there was a small wound and it got cleared after a month. Now again, there is some wound infection and is showing two holes. I am taking antibiotic Ciplox 500 and Vibact for the past two days and taking Clarithromycin 500 a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your C-section has become complicated due to the infection in your wound or surgical site. The incision sometimes does not heal due to body's own defenses and that can cause this. I would suggest you go for the correction surgery because they reopen and repair the same si...  Read Full »