Hernia

What causes a stinging sensation inside the rectum?

Query: I had a fistula surgery last year , prior to it MRI reports also said that hernia is detected on left side , I am a sailor and been sailing from past 8 months , around 1 month ago I started to have bloating sensation especially after meals , I consulted a doctor, he diagnosed it as Acid Reflux , pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Anushtup De

General Surgeon

Answer: hii.. thank you for your query. I understand you have multiple problem so i will go one by one. 1. stinging sensation in rectum - you have not said what type of surgery u umderwent for fistula. If it an open surgery , sometimes it takes a longer time to completely heal . in any case , after any sur...  Read Full »

What could be the one-sided testicular swelling after heavy workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent surgery for testicular swelling on the right side three months ago they say it was hydrocele. Now I got similar swelling in my left side after I did a heavy workout. Although it is decreasing when I am sleeping which did not happen last time. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I understand you might have developed an inguinal hernia as it has occurred after lifting heavy weights which is totally different from your previous diagnosis of hydrocele. Here due to lifting of heavy weights the contents from your abdomen mostl...  Read Full »

Can lifting heavy weight result in testicular swelling with pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother's private part is swollen. His right testicle is swollen and a slight pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling in the right testis especially if it is painful indicates infection which might be sexually transmitted or might be torsion (twist of testis leads to reduce blood supply) other causes of swelling can be hydrocele, varicocele, hernia or tumor. Examination and ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bulge in my left lower abdomen above a scar from surgery last year?

Query: I've got a bulge in my left lower abdomen above a scar from surgery last year. It first appeared late last year and the CT showed I was constipated so my Drs left it at that. In the last couple months, I've been working with GI since it's gotten bigger and more painful. I did another CT but the resu...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern that you are having a bulge in the left lower abdomen near the scar . You have done a CT scan and it has been in conclusive. It would be good to know if the bulge is decreasing when you lie down or increasing when you get up from your bed . If the bulge is increa...  Read Full »

How to reduce pain due to inguinal hernia for a month?

Query: Hi sir, I'm an 18 year old boy. I have an inborn inguinal hernia. But till now it hasn't given me that much pain as it is giving right now. If I lay down for more than 2 hours then it starts hurting and I can't sleep anymore. The pain extends from lower abdomen, pelvic region to some upper port...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello Your complaints of pain related to the hernia needs to be examined . If there is no complications within the herni In normal circumstances I would suggest all hernia should be operated but since you are having exams you can delay the surgery given that on physical examination and ultrasound y...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for inguinal hernia in Ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See the main cause of an inguinal hernia is a weak abdominal wall. Here due to the weak abdominal wall, the intestinal part usually comes down. This is an anatomical defect, which usually requires surgery. The symptoms may increase while coughin...  Read Full »

My belly button popped out after pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a mother of two children. After my delivery, my navel has popped out and it has remained so even now. Please suggest some ways to get back my usual naval shape.  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, after childbirth, the rectum sheath and the muscles go weak and lead to a hernia. So, what you have may be an umbilical hernia. It will increase on coughing. It has to be checked by a surgeon. If it is a hernia, it can be treated surgically and the navel wi...  Read Full »

May I know the impression of a movable and nontender pelvic mass paplated at the midline?

Query: Hi doctor, A 49-year-old G4P4 (4004) comes to your outpatient department because of bloatedness and abdominal enlargement for the past six months. LMP was two months back. She denies urinary nor bowel disturbances. Pelvic mass is palpated at the midline, movable and nontender, approximately measure...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing today? History needs a few more details. G4, you mean she is pregnant? Rule out pregnancy. Have a urine pregnancy test, you never know. Amenorrhea may be due to perimenopausal status. Mass can be a fibroid, adenomyosis, ovarian mass in the midline. No...  Read Full »

Why is my belly button hard?

Query: Hello doctor, The top of my belly button, that is, the skin of my belly button is hard and firm, and the rest of my belly button is not. I feel as if there is something under the surface. I changed my diet, so I lost some weight. I was 168 lbs, and now I am 135 lbs. If I place two fingers over my b...  Read Full »

Dr. Dalia Mostafa Nayel

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, and there is no need to worry. This is due to different layers of connective tissues. For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician  Read Full »

I had a hernia and now it is treated. Can I impregnate a woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hernia last time and now it is treated. I am fine now. My question is that can I still produce a baby?  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A hernia is a term used to describe any abnormal protrusion of any organ (most commonly bowel) from the cavity that covers the organ. First of all, what do you mean by a hernia? A hernia can be inguinal or femoral or hiatal, obturator, etc. You have not described the...  Read Full »