Hernia

Is there a treatment for inguinal hernia in Ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See the main cause of an inguinal hernia is a weak abdominal wall. Here due to the weak abdominal wall, the intestinal part usually comes down. This is an anatomical defect, which usually requires surgery. The symptoms may increase while coughin...  Read Full »

My belly button popped out after pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a mother of two children. After my delivery, my navel has popped out and it has remained so even now. Please suggest some ways to get back my usual naval shape.  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, after childbirth, the rectum sheath and the muscles go weak and lead to a hernia. So, what you have may be an umbilical hernia. It will increase on coughing. It has to be checked by a surgeon. If it is a hernia, it can be treated surgically and the navel wi...  Read Full »

May I know the impression of a movable and nontender pelvic mass paplated at the midline?

Query: Hi doctor, A 49-year-old G4P4 (4004) comes to your outpatient department because of bloatedness and abdominal enlargement for the past six months. LMP was two months back. She denies urinary nor bowel disturbances. Pelvic mass is palpated at the midline, movable and nontender, approximately measure...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing today? History needs a few more details. G4, you mean she is pregnant? Rule out pregnancy. Have a urine pregnancy test, you never know. Amenorrhea may be due to perimenopausal status. Mass can be a fibroid, adenomyosis, ovarian mass in the midline. No...  Read Full »

Why is my belly button hard?

Query: Hello doctor, The top of my belly button, that is, the skin of my belly button is hard and firm, and the rest of my belly button is not. I feel as if there is something under the surface. I changed my diet, so I lost some weight. I was 168 lbs, and now I am 135 lbs. If I place two fingers over my b...  Read Full »

Dr. Dalia Mostafa Nayel

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, and there is no need to worry. This is due to different layers of connective tissues. For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician  Read Full »

I had a hernia and now it is treated. Can I impregnate a woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hernia last time and now it is treated. I am fine now. My question is that can I still produce a baby?  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A hernia is a term used to describe any abnormal protrusion of any organ (most commonly bowel) from the cavity that covers the organ. First of all, what do you mean by a hernia? A hernia can be inguinal or femoral or hiatal, obturator, etc. You have not described the...  Read Full »

Can surgery be done for recurrent parastomal hernia in an aged patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 68 years old and has undergone ileal conduit surgery ten years back. Then parastomal hernia repair seven years back and again four years back. Now he has again developed a parastomal hernia. Now the surgeon is not ready to operate further. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Medhun Kumar

General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your father's condition. There are two options now. Due to elderly age and recurrent problem and anesthesia risk, we can manage it conservatively trying to avoid complications. It will be a safe position. If you wish to take the risk, we can approach...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine to cure sports hernia or Gilmore's groin.

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from sports hernia or Gilmore's groin. I have severe pain at the sphincter of the inguinal canal and scrotum. Please suggest some medicine to cure it.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gilmore's groin needs surgical treatment, or it is best to restore the torn ligaments of the inguinal canal. Medications reduce pain temporarily. You should consult a surgeon soon for treating the condition. Other conditions like cord swelling and orchalgia have to be r...  Read Full »

Is it possible to cure inguinal hernia without surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am suffering from right inguinal hernia for the past two months. I have consulted a doctor and he asked me to go for surgery. Is it possible to cure inguinal hernia without surgery? Currently I have consulted a homeopathy doctor and I am on medicine given by hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Swati Totla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the hernia is in first or second degree then there is a treatment. For third degree hernia, surgery is the only treatment option. At the time of pain and swelling you can take the following medicine. Varanadi kashaya 450 mL - 10 mL twice a day diluted with water af...  Read Full »

My mom gets severe abdominal pain followed by a painful lump below her stomach. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,My 58 years old mom suddenly gets severe lower abdominal pain on the right side, and at the same time, she feels a lump below her stomach and above the thighs. She used to feel like something is being pulled inside in one direction. She gets relief from this stomach pain once she vomit...  Read Full »

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She basically needs a physical examination to know from where the lump is originating. Get an ultrasound of the entire abdomen to know the exact cause. This could either be most probably a hernia or a cyst. So, get an ultrasound and follow-up with the report. Thanks. Rev...  Read Full »

I have pain in the pelvis for a few months. Is it pelvic inflammatory disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old female. I have had a pain in the left side of my pelvis for a few months. I recently started weightlifting. At first, I thought it was a pulled groin but it is a little bit higher up than that. I wondered if it was a hernia but there is not a lump or weak area. I do...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your post thoroughly and I understand that you need a sense of direction in terms of the origin of the pathology. Now, it could be a number of things. The fact that it started with you starting to lift weights puts us in the direction of both a hernia or a p...  Read Full »