Q. My brother has got HIE and heart attack. When can he return to normal?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2021

My brother is 51 years old. He has got HIE status after MRI reports. He had a sudden heart attack. Can he be cured? When can he return to his normal life?

#

• HIE (hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy) occur due to compromise of blood or oxygenation to brain tissue and the degree of damage depending on the duration of lack of blood or oxygen.
  • And, the prognosis depends on the extent of brain injury. If more injury, then poor prognosis.
  • There is no definite cure to established HIE. Only, medication can be given if patient is having superadded seizures.
  • No one can predict the number of days to return to normal life. Only with time, you will come to know how much he is improving.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|