Q. Will UTI result in uneasy feeling around the waist?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

I feel a little uneasy sensation around my waist (kidney area). I got my complete blood checkup done that included KFT and CBC. In it my red cell distribution width, mean platelet volume, and eosinophils are little high and absolute basophil count is low. Due to this I also got my UTI test which is normal. Can share both test results. Please guide me with the reasons behind these and advise me on good medication.

#

Results are normal need not worry. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Do you have any pain in and around the pelvis area or back? Is uneasiness present always or intermittent? Passing stool freely, no constipation? Do US (ultrasound) abdomen.

Now you can take tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet before breakfast, syrup Sucralfate 10 ml tid after food. Review with the US abdomen report.

I do not have pain but sometimes for a few seconds, I feel that too in the kidney area, not frequently passing stool and no constipation. Please could you also advise for the reason possible for high red cells distribution and eosinophils being high?

#

Red cell distribution width is just above normal. If it is very high may be due to iron, folate, or vitamin B-12 deficiency anemia. But your Hb is normal. Regarding eosinophil, it is just raised no significant. Any allergy may cause its raise.

|