Q. Will UTI result in uneasy feeling around the waist?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

I feel a little uneasy sensation around my waist (kidney area). I got my complete blood checkup done that included KFT and CBC. In it my red cell distribution width, mean platelet volume, and eosinophils are little high and absolute basophil count is low. Due to this I also got my UTI test which is normal. Can share both test results. Please guide me with the reasons behind these and advise me on good medication.

#

Results are normal need not worry. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Do you have any pain in and around the pelvis area or back? Is uneasiness present always or intermittent? Passing stool freely, no constipation? Do US (ultrasound) abdomen.

Now you can take tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet before breakfast, syrup Sucralfate 10 ml tid after food. Review with the US abdomen report.

I do not have pain but sometimes for a few seconds, I feel that too in the kidney area, not frequently passing stool and no constipation. Please could you also advise for the reason possible for high red cells distribution and eosinophils being high?

#

Red cell distribution width is just above normal. If it is very high may be due to iron, folate, or vitamin B-12 deficiency anemia. But your Hb is normal. Regarding eosinophil, it is just raised no significant. Any allergy may cause its raise.

| 

I am always extremely tired and sleepy, and have short-term memory loss. Can I take Modafinil?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old mom of a 5 year old. I am excessively tired and have a need to sleep at all times. I had CBC done, and my eosinophils are high, and my MPV is low, but everything else came back fine. My body aches, and I feel horrible. I have bruises that appear out of nowhere all ove...  Read Full »

Why are my TLC and eosinophil count high with fever and mouth ulcer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old male. For the last few days, I feel like having fever, loss of appetite, and mouth ulcer. The head feels heavy and a mild headache is there. I have a blood test report. Also, my TLC count is 12500 which is higher than normal. Eosinophil level is also increased but on...  Read Full »

Why does my eosinophil count increase when the season changes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old female. My eosinophil count increase during when the season changes. From the past month, I am having a persistent cough, which is not allowing me to talk. Phlegm is also present. I have taken two bottles of cough syrup Zeet, Sensiclav 625, Montek LC, Rinifol, twice a ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»