Q. My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.

#

Kindly provide me any other clinical complaint if you have. Kindly mention whether you have taken any vitamin B12 supplement or tablet or injection? Attach your all reports to give more comment. Usually, liver disease, kidney disease, B12 intake, myeloproliferative neoplasm are among the causes for high B12. Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

I was admitted to the hospital before 10 days for hangover and alcohol de-addiction. Currently, I am taking Nexpro 40 mg, Febuget 40 mg, Astin 20 mg.

#

Your B12 is high as per report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but myeloproliferative neoplasm seems very unlikely in your case as total count, Hb (hemoglobin), PCV (packed cell volume) are within range.

Secondly, liver and kidney profile results also not altered much. During the hospital stay, you might be given B12 injections that can lead to high B12 level. Repeat your serum B12 after 15 to 20 days. Do not worry, if still high then further workup will be done. Take care.

|