Blood Screening

If heroin-positive menses blood is mixed with urine, will drug test be negative?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is currently in recovery from heroin and my husband and I believe she is using it again. We check her UA's at home and mail the findings to a lab. We suspect that she is giving us her friend’s urine. However, I know that today she began her menses and the urine she gav...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ideally, both the urine and blood screens come positive. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

Query: Hi doctor, As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly provide me any other clinical complaint if you have. Kindly mention whether you have taken any vitamin B12 supplement or tablet or injection? Attach your all reports to give more comment. Usually, liver disease, kidney disease, B12 intake, myeloproliferative n...  Read Full »

Can you help me interpret my preventive health screening reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I recently went for a preventive health screening. I need your valuable feedback regarding my reports.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only discrepancy seen is that the platelet count is borderline, although not totally abnormal. Rest of your reports are normal including chloride which is given in bold letters. Now...  Read Full »

What is the cut-off value for ELISA test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some queries about HIV, ELISA/ECLIA TEST. What is the cut-off for this test? In some lab reports, they do not mention the cut off rate. They just mention if it is reactive or non-reactive. In some labs, 0.9 is the cut off while in others, it is different. Why is it so?  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cut-off depends on the kit and the instrument used. For more information consult a microbiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/microbiologist  Read Full »

Do infections spread through cryoprecipitate transfusion?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is a factor XIII deficiency patient and every month she takes seven packets of cryoprecipitate. I am a bit worried about the side effects of this transfusion. I just read some articles on the internet, which shares the information about the side effects of transfusion. From that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Infection risk is similar to any other blood product; however, other immune risks are not present. Many people receive more than this and are free from infection. The risk of infection is pretty low and I can say it as billio...  Read Full »