Q. What should I do to reduce high vitamin B12 level?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Oct 12, 2018

I have been taking Vitamin B medication for over one year and my Vitamin B12 level is very high, greater than 2000. What should I do to reduce the level? I am 27 years female. Please advise.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin. It means any excess of Vitamin B12 in the body shall be flushed out in urine. So just stop taking further vitamin supplements and the B12 level shall normalize. You can repeat the test after one month.

| 

Do my reports suggest leukemia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old female. I got my precautionary health checkup done. I have enclosed the report. My internet search about the result indicates that I may have early stage leukemia (cancer). Please advise.  Read Full »

Can Vitamin B12 improve my low platetlet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of low platelet count for the last 15 years. My latest count was 4000 cells per microliter. I have not undergone any treatment for this problem. My B12 level is 26.2 pg/ml, biological reference interval is 25.1 - 165, serum ferritin is 12.0 and hemoglobin is 11.0. I r...  Read Full »

Vitamin B12 level is high in a diabetic patient. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60, weight is 44 kg, height is 5.6, diabetes for past 25 years, on low carbohydrate diet for 80 days, taking no medicine for diabetes now. Sugar levels are under control, checking every day. The problem from past 50 days is that there are feet and ankle swelling that disappears i...  Read Full »