Q. Does rise in hepatic enzyme indicate liver disease?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 28, 2019

I am a 30 year old male. My weight is 84 kg and height is 177 cm. My blood test results are leukocyte 10.94000, lymphocyte 14%, neutrophils 75000, MCHC 31.2% and RDW-SD and PDW are high. My SGOT and SGPT levels are high too. Please guide.

#

I want to assure you need not worry as everything is going to be fine, if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.

1. You have low iron, but the deficiency can be covered by diet.
2. There is an increased white blood cell count which indicates an infection.
3. Deranged liver enzymes may be due to the hepatic disease, viral hepatitis or alcohol intake. Body weakness and fever along with raised hepatic enzymes gives suspicion for liver disease.

1. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen).
2. Anti-HCV (anti-hepatitis C virus).
3. Vitamin B12 and D levels.
5. CBC (complete blood count) with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
6. Complete urinalysis.
7. Complete abdominal ultrasound.

1. Take green leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
2. Take the diet which includes carrot, cucumber, kiwi, avocado, fresh pineapple and fish.
3. Take plenty of coconut water, which is good for your condition.
4. Take almonds, walnuts, cashews, nuts and beans.
5. Add Citrucel (methylcellulose) dietary fiber supplement.

Take plenty of fluids and keep away from spicy, fast and fried foods.

|