Q. What is the cause of my persistent sharp pain in one side of the hip?

Dr. Prathish Kumar

I am an 18-year-old female. My hip on one side has been bothering me frequently and persistently recently. Often, seemingly randomly throughout the day, I experience a continuous sharp pain in my hip (only on one side). I think it may have to do with the fact that I can pop my hip. I never do it intentionally, but if I position it in specific ways, the right side of my hip will pop or even lock in place. It is not painful, but considering I am experiencing pain on the same side of my hip, I figure the two are related. This is not a recent issue. However, it got worsened within the past year. Should I seek treatment? I have no clue if this is a serious issue or just an annoyance.

#

I have gone through your symptoms and understand your concern. With the description of your symptoms, the most probable reason for your presentation could be loose hip joint ligaments. I suggest you visit an orthopedician for consultation and plan for further evaluation and management.

Take care. Regards.

The probable diagnosis is loose hip joint ligaments.

|