Hip Pain

What should I do to help my hip and back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from left hip pain over the last few days. This pain comes if I stand for more than 20 minutes in one place or doing some exercise. When the hip pain once starts, it takes two to three days to get relieved after taking Voveran. I also have pain while walking and sitting...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is difficult to speculate about the cause of hip pain without examining you. From what you have written, it appears to be movement-related, especially hip flexion. This could be tendinitis or femoroacetabular impingement. In addition, the pain can also b...  Read Full »

Will sitting on a couch for a long time cause hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sharp pain in my upper left hip. There is no specific posture where I feel no pain. Standing gives minimum pain (dull ache), and now and then, when I turn side position while sleeping, I get only a dull pain, but it becomes more painful again. This spot is reddish but not ste...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you able to sit cross leg comfortably?  Read Full »

Why am I having lower back pain along with knee, hip, and ankle pain?

Query: I have been having new persistant headaches every single day for the past 8 months. The headaches last from 5 seconds to 5 hours. I usually wake up with one. They are usually dull to throbbing pain. I have got an mri and 4 blood tests. I have went to the neurologist and they prescribed me with Indom...  Read Full »

Dr. Amr Samy

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hey, Welcome to Icliniq, I am sorry to hear about your headache, Let me start with some questions for you as the picture is not fully clear as to whether or not the headaches come with any other symptoms such as: -Extreme fatigue -The need to sit in a dark room because you become over sensitive to...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution to my increasing hip pain and swollen ankle.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male. I have left hip pain for two and half months. Left hip pain started gradually two and a half months back, while doing repetitive hip hyper flexing exercises, jogging, and stretching exercises. Initially, the pain is present on the back of the hip, while doing ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to be arthritis going on. The MRI report shows (attachment removed to protect patient identity) an effusion of the hip joint, and as you explain, the ankle also swelled up once. The blood reports seem normal, except for mildly elevated WBC (white blood c...  Read Full »

Can a chiropractor help with pain in the right arm, hip, and right foot?

Query: I have dull pain in my right arm when I make certain movements eg When swimming the Breast Stroke movement causes a deep dull pain when I stretch my right arm above my head again a dull pain and feel the pull on my inner arm head movement to the right is painful, at the back of my neck and just behi...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Kariya

Physiotherapist

Answer: hello mam welcome to icliniq your complain can completely manage by physiotehrapy only. pain in overhead activities suggest that muscles situated above the shoulder and side of neck region are weak. dull pain in perticular overhead activities can be managed by changing habits of performing work,...  Read Full »

Why did the pain on the right side of my back move to the hips?

Query: Pain in hips. My lower back on the right side began to ache slightly and the ache moved into my hips, deep in the socket like a tooth ache but in the bone almost, it spread to my other hip and continued for the last 2 days. Only thing that helps is heat, like hot bath, today I was able to move aroun...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, The common rheumatological disease for your condition which needs to be ruled out based on your history is Spondyloarthritis (SpA). SpA comprises many groups of diseases starting from ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and others. It usually causes back pain, lower limb arthritis-like ...  Read Full »

What causes hip pain in a diabetic and hypertensive patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having lower hip side pain for almost a week now. She is taking maintenance medicines for high blood pressure (Approvel) and 24 units of Insulin everyday. What could be causing the pain and can I give her pain reliever?  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into mother's problem, you have got both hypertension and diabetic under Insulin with hip pain. First of all we need to understand what is the association between the current problem and existing diseases. Once we understand why it is happening and try to find ...  Read Full »

How to fix hip, knee and back pain due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I have been getting hips, legs, knees, and back pain issues when masturbating. I usually masturbate four to five times a week, sometimes I can go two to three days without masturbating. I have cracking noises in my hips and knees and my quad muscles feel over...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your health condition. Masturbation usually may not cause weakness or muscle problems. So do not worry, the possible causes for your problem is 1. Panic attacks or anxiety which lead to increased tension in muscles. 2. Hypocalcemia. 3. Fibromyalgia. ...  Read Full »

What do high uric acid and joint pain indicates?

Query: Hello doctor, I have high uric acid levels and mild pain in random joints. I would like to know about hyperuricemia management. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Definitely, your uric acid is very high. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To discuss about the management, I would need to know, since when are you having these symptoms? Only small joints are involved or large joints like knee, elbow are also invol...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise for back pain that radiates to the right leg, hip, knee, and foot.

Query: Hello Doctor, I have a back pain that earlier moves to my right leg through hip, knee and upto downside of foot. For last one year it has been started in left leg also. Though left side pain doesn't move to foot but at hip it pinches like a needle while driving specialy. Now during lock down due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi. i got your point and understand how you feel when it pains. as per MRI reports you mentioned, its a LBA (low back ache) which radiated to leg and now shifting to left lower body as well. and about your cerical problem may be there's a nerve compression and that neck pain radiating to shoulder i...  Read Full »