Q. Please help me control my symptoms of chronic urticaria.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 10, 2021

I am suffering from chronic urticaria for the past six months. I have taken medicines and steroids. But nothing helped me. I have done various blood tests including serum IgE. I am taking Montelukast and Levocetirizine. Before few days, I was taking Metrogyl, Odacet, Shelcal, and Omnacortil. Please help.

#

Based on the details given, it seems that you have taken anti-histamines for urticaria. But it has not helped you. There are two important points to be remembered. If it is urticaria, you can have some triggering factors. Secondly, you have taken medicines and steroids to get cured. Both Montelukast and Cetirizine are non-steroidal. You have also taken Omnacortil and it did not help you. I need a detailed description of the condition. Please mention the duration of taking steroids and when it was prescribed. Please attach your blood reports and it helps to get a proper diagnosis. Urticaria usually does not last for more than a couple of months. You can have a misdiagnosis and please share the picture of the rashes. So, better treatment can be suggested.

|