Q. Dust and perfume make me cough. How can I get better?

Since many years, I am facing a sinusitis problem. When I catch the flu, it gets worse. This time, I caught the flu twice this month. The sinustis got worse and I visited a doctor who prescribed me with a course of Fexet, Klaricid, and Ventek. He said that I need to take Ventek for three months as he thought my cough was more like an allergy. Now, it has been a month that I am taking the medicine, but my symptoms of cough are not getting better. It is more like a persistent cough now. Dust and perfume make me cough. And more than anything else, I can feel sinusitis at the back of my throat. How long is it going to take before I get better?

#

Sinusitis will not get relieved by Montelukast tablet alone. We will need to evaluate you.

Sinusitis can be due to various factors such as genetics, anatomy, allergy, pollution and much more.

When there is chronic sinusitis, we investigate to find the cause and initiate appropriate treatment. For that, we require the images of a CT scan of the paranasal sinuses and a blood investigation namely serum IgE. Kindly do these two tests and share the reports as well as images, so that we can advise you the right medications.

Until then, I suggest you start using Metaspray (Mometasone) nasal spray two puffs twice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medicine with their consent.

Hope to see you in good health soon. Regards.

Revert with more information to an allergy specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|