Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Why do I have high hemoglobin and hematocrit values?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I have a history of celiac disease and a past medical history of Hodgkin's lymphoma, a stage 2 cervical lymph node and tumors in my chest. I had a blood test last week which showed B12 and folic acid deficiency, raised hemoglobin of 161 and raised hematocrit of ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having celiac disease in which because of malabsorption vitamin B12 deficiency and folate deficiency can occur. This deficiency also can be developed if polycythemia present in which proliferation more. Here hemoglobin and HCT is high as per history. Hence if it i...  Read Full »

Is autologous stem cell transmission a good option for Hodgkin's lymphoma?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with classical Hodgkin's lymphoma. I had 8 cycles of ABVD, which did not remove the tumor and the tumor started growing back after 4 cycles. Then, I went for salvage therapy and that also did not give a good response. Now, the doctor advised to do the autologous stem cell ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First line therapy of Hodgkin's lymphoma is chemotherapy. ABVD is the most common scheme (Adriamycin, Bleomycin, Vinblastine and Dacarbazine). Second line chemotherapy and radiation may be used if the first therapy fails. As you said in your query that has not had the ex...  Read Full »

Epstein-Barr IgM is positive, but undetectable in PCR. Still, I am sick, could it be chronic fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had reactivated Epstein-Barr for a year. I recently got a blood test, which said, faint monoclonal band detected in the gamma region, repeat blood test in six months. There is no immunoparesis, and my levels have risen in the last four months, but still in the normal range. What d...  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns. The brief history you have described suggest a possibility of past infection with EBV (Ebstein-Barr virus). Probably you had an episode of IMN( infectious mononucleosis) in the childhood, which is quit...  Read Full »

Does Hodgkin's lymphoma cause elevated CD3 and CD57 NK cells?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently tested positive for Lyme disease. I have a history of stage IIA lymphoma, 15 years ago, and I am in full remission ever since. My reports, that I have attached, show elevated CD3 and CD57 NK cells. The lab recommended that an oncologist looks at this for a possible Hodgkin'...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Lyme disease is usually associated with decreased CD57, especially in the chronic form. But, the lab findings reveal a high CD57. It also reveals high CD3 levels. Both high CD57 and CD3 levels...  Read Full »