Hormonal Acne

I have severe acne on my chin and have tried various treatments. How to get rid of it? Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe acne on my chin, but the rest of my face and body are clear. These are typically pus-filled whiteheads, papules, and pustules. There are also many red spots and hyperpigmentation. There is a spot that feels like filled with pus or fluid, but nothing comes of it. There are no...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It looks like hormonal acne with a secondary bacterial infection. Apply an antibacterial cream or gel containing 2 % Nadifloxacin cream or gel twice daily for 20 days. Also, use D Acne soap containing Salicylic acid and Clindamycin for 20 day...  Read Full »

I have sudden multiple breakouts on my face. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sudden acne breakout on my face including the chin, cheeks and, forehead. I cannot figure out the possible reason for this as nothing has changed in my diet or routine. Can you please help me find a cure?  Read Full »

Dr. Pathave Hari Shivaram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Thank you for the providing the information. The major reason for multiple acne is a hormonal issue and oily skin. I would suggest (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent)Adapalene 0.1% gel at night with Azelaic ac...  Read Full »

How to get rid of acne and manage my acne-prone skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15 years old and have acne-prone skin. I need good advice on how to get rid of acne. Kindly advise. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You seem to have grade 2 acne and will require oral antibiotics. 1) Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg 3 consecutive days per week, like every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (any 3 consecutive days). 2) Adapalene plus Benzoyl Peroxide gel apply...  Read Full »

I have bad acne on my face. Can it be the reaction to IUDs I am having?

Query: Hi doctor,I have bad acne on my face, and I am afraid it is a reaction to an IUD I put in a few months ago. I cannot get it removed now as I am on a road trip for a few months. I had the same issue last year. I have applied a topical cream, but it did not work well. I have noticed my self-esteem and...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. There are no attached photographs in your query. As differential grades of acne require different treatment, I need to see the acne. Also, please mention what treatment you have taken until now if you have recor...  Read Full »