Q. I took Mensovit plus after unprotected intercourse. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

I am a married woman with two kids and a regular cycle. My first day of last period was on the 7th of last month. On 26th I had intercourse and took Mensovit plus on 30th and 1st and yet to get periods. Please advise.

I have not done any family planning post my second delivery, but we are having our intercourse safely. This time I am a little worried as I have no plan for a kid now.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This seems you have sex on the 19th day of your cycle. This could turn you pregnant and as such why don't you opt for a pregnancy testing now? Mensovit plus is a hormonal nonspecific medicine but not protective of pregnancy. So, do a test first and let me know the result.

| 

By now will I be able to know whether I have conceived or not? Can I do the pregnancy test via a kit?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This is the perfect time to do the test. This is very easy also. Just purchase a pregnancy test card and put two urine drops on the well over it. Appearance of two marks in the strip indicates a positive test where a single mark indicates a nonpregnant state.

| 

I purchased Concetest plus kit and did the urine test today morning with my first urine. The result was negative as I could see only one line. Please advise further on my medication.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Just start Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone) 10 mg tablet twice a day for five days. Following this course, you will have your cycle within the interval of a few days to two weeks following completion of the course. Just stay relaxed.

| 

I have few doubts, please clarify.

Should I Deviry tablet after food? After this when will I get my periods as there are few functions ahead? I have had regular cycles, should I have any other tablet for this? Also, daily morning in the empty stomach I am having Glyciphage 850 mg and Thyrup 25 mg (as prescribed by my doctor since there were little traces of thyroid), can I continue? For the past two months, I could see some weight increase, I started taking green tea with honey. Will this effect my cycle? Please advise on the best medication which I can take post Deviry dosage?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You have not mentioned previously about those medicines though there was scope in current medications. As I could presume, you are suffering from hypothyroidism along with cystic ovaries. For this, you have to continue those medications and whether they are optimum or not, that is a different issue. I need to have a battery of blood tests and USG (ultrasound) abdomen to comment on it.

For present purpose, start Deviry as advised and it has no relationship with food. When will you have your cycle? I have mentioned it already. You will have it after completion of this course, within 2 to 14 days.

Green tea with honey is good if taken in an optimum amount. But do you think to reduce weight by it? Sorry, the matter is not so simple. Start exercising adequately and do not depend on those stuffs to reduce your weight.

| 

I had an unprotected sex but did not ejaculate. I am worried about HIV. Please guide.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old heterosexual male. I am married and have a three months old baby boy, I never had sex before my marriage neither outside it, but yesterday I went to a massage center which including massage with oil, sona, steam room and then moroccan shower by the lady. During the sh...  Read Full »

Had unprotected sex today. Should my partner take contraceptive?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse this morning. But, I am not sure whether I had ejaculated inside. Should my partner take a contraceptive? She is having PCOD. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »