Q. After IUD removal, I have not had a period for four months. Am I infertile?

Dr. Sujata Mittal

I was on the IUD Mirena for two and a half years and it did not suit me. So, I saw a doctor to have it removed. That was four months ago and I still have not had a menstrual cycle. I have had spotting here and there, but nothing else. My husband and I want a child, but I am not sure if I am fertile because I have not had a period. How do I know if I am fertile and producing eggs?

#

• Mirena is a hormonal IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device) which causes a lot of side effects.
  • Considering your age, it was not recommended for you. It has decidualized your endometrium to a great extent and it is possible your ovulation has been suppressed too.
  • Please get an ultrasound done to know the endometrial thickness and ovulation studies done to know the current status.
  • Wait for six months to plan a baby and with a good diet and yoga, you will regain the balance.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|