Q. Can IUD cause constipation and back pain?

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I had my Skyla IUD placed before two and a half years. In the last two months, my period has stopped for about two to three days. Then, again returned after another three days. This month, I had my periods for two times with terrible constipation and lower back pain. Could the progesterone be wearing off?

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

IUD (intrauterine device) does not cause constipation. But, back pain can occur, because of the bleeding patterns after placing IUD. You can take syrup M2 tone (Ashoka and Lodhra) two tablespoons thrice daily for one month. Take Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day for three days. Take syrup Cremaffin pink (Milk of magnesia and Liquid Paraffin) two tablespoons at night for constipation. You will get relief.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding?

Query: Hi doctor, Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding? If not, then what are the alternative measures?  Read Full »

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »